Sort Of New

Georgia on my Mind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m kind of new here, been on and posting for a couple of months but I wanted to actually introduce myself.

I grew up on Long Island and now live in NJ, but I dream of one day retiring in Montana. I work at a job that I hate but look forward to sneaking onto this site every now and then during the day.

I’ve been owned by cats since I was 5 years old. But when my last cat, Monty, died in his sleep I couldn’t bring myself to adopt again.

After a particularly rough patch in life, I sought out volunteering opportunities to help with anxiety and stress. Anyway, of course I chose to volunteer with an animal rescue and it’s been a blessing. I am a foster mommy, adoption counselor and about 7 months ago, a foster fail.

I adopted Georgia after her sister was adopted and she was so lonely. Then I sought out a buddy for her and brought home Ripley. They are both females even though everyone mistakes Ripley for a male. Hasn’t ANYONE seen Alien?

This site has been a great resource to open my eyes to nutrition and be very conscious of what’s in my cats’ food. And I’ve received some excellent advice and encouragement.

I’m so glad to be part of this community.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
6AD5EF3B-F918-40BF-9714-A7EE16BFF179.gif
and Georgia and Ripley, on behalf of The Catsite community, a late
64B5EF90-2E0A-44D4-B56C-41C319AD1394.gif
to both of you.

So sorry to hear about Monty :alright: but am glad that you picked yourself up and adopted Georgia and also for getting her a playmate.

Please post photos of them for us to see.

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Georgia on my Mind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! Thanks for the warm welcome.
I’m embarrassed to say I don’t have too many great pictures of them. Whenever they’re not moving they’re on my lap which doesn’t make for great picture taking. Here are a couple. Georgia is the tabby and Ripley is the black cat.
B8C0DE1E-2393-408E-92E4-EBB2BAE414DB.jpeg
CBFD6E83-3645-4219-B135-801D9ED6615F.jpeg

D84D4202-418C-4E47-B740-97D0FEC1A9C4.jpeg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2:

Sorry about your Monty, and understand you not rushing into getting another cat. But also understand how hard it is for a "cat person" not to be around cats, so I'm glad you found volunteering and fostering. And became a foster fail. ;)Georgia and Ripley are beautiful. And that 3rd picture, made me go "awwwww". :catlove:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
AWWWWWWW! What lovely cats Georgia and Ripley are! Thanks for taking the time to introduce us properly!

I am so sorry you had to lose your Monty. Our cats are part of the fabric of our souls. We have a lovely thread, Crossing the Bridge where you can certainly post a tribute to him! Lots of people do so for cats who have gone on ahead, even years ago.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hello there! It’s nice to officially meet you and your gorgeous Georgia and Ripley! I hope to see you around some more! :wave3:

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
:hithere:

Ripley is my number one female role model. She's been so since I first saw Alien when I was 12 years old. I call on her at times, and ask, "what would Ripley do?" She'd be badass. :fireblob:

My Parker was named after Peter Parker aka Spiderman, and Dudley was named thus because I felt it was a name not used so much these days and it deserves being brought back into fashion.

D big spoon, P little one.
IMG_2010.jpg

:salam:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Georgia on my Mind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:hithere:

Ripley is my number one female role model. She's been so since I first saw Alien when I was 12 years old. I call on her at times, and ask, "what would Ripley do?" She'd be badass. :fireblob:

My Parker was named after Peter Parker aka Spiderman, and Dudley was named thus because I felt it was a name not used so much these days and it deserves being brought back into fashion.

D big spoon, P little one.
View attachment 220974

:salam:
THANK YOU!! I literally named her Ripley because she’s a bad ass.

Brian, your cats are literally spooning.:cloud9:

Thanks for the warm welcome.