Sore under nose

Lisawilliams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Black cat Buppy was fine yesterday but this morning showed up w an open red raw sore under his nose. It almost looks like a burn. How can I treat it as he will lick it off. Do u think its calico virus. I saw some other pics on here of black cats w same exact thing . Not sure how to post a pic on here yet as I just joined.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
Here's how;

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a vitamin oil we recommend at work to put on the cats nose in this situation, but I can't remember what it is... I will have to look it up tomorrow at work or ask one of the vets. Most of them will just lick topicals off but there is something you can use, you just rub a little on... if I forget to come back and reply tomorrow PM me and remind me, I have a lot going on tomorrow but I don't want to forget!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lisawilliams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There is a vitamin oil we recommend at work to put on the cats nose in this situation, but I can't remember what it is... I will have to look it up tomorrow at work or ask one of the vets. Most of them will just lick topicals off but there is something you can use, you just rub a little on... if I forget to come back and reply tomorrow PM me and remind me, I have a lot going on tomorrow but I don't want to forget!
Thank you. He isnt a kitten not sure why it says that. You're right he is licking everthing off I try ti help sooth him with. I used saline wound sprayin sterile gauze and tried to appy triple antibiotic ointment although I am not convinediys bacterial in nature. I am tjinking calico virus or some other Autoimmune disease. Maybe endsophil granuloma. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am switching cat food soon. Friskies is what they eat and is full of dyes and gmo.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He isnt a kitten not sure why it says that.
Hi. The kitten notation is referring to you - since you just joined, that is your status. Here is a guide on the status' and related privileges.
Promotions and Benefits

Regarding your cat's nose, I think it would be best to have Buppy checked out by your vet. Best to know what you are dealing with so you can ensure it is treated properly.

Lisawilliams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. The kitten notation is referring to you - since you just joined, that is your status. Here is a guide on the status' and related privileges.
Promotions and Benefits

Regarding your cat's nose, I think it would be best to have Buppy checked out by your vet. Best to know what you are dealing with so you can ensure it is treated properly.
I see thanks. I am trying to get money around for him. I am doing closing on our house. They messed my pay up this week short 16 hours. I am working on borrowing to get him looked at. I have 13 rescued cats. Buppy was born to a sick stray elderly cat named Samantha that got killed by a dog so I hand fed him. He s weighs 20 lbs now and is neutered. He is 4 years old

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
In case you haven't seen these, maybe there's something here?

(apologies for any dead links);

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Meanwhile, if you can spare about $5 for a box of chamomile tea bags from your grocery store, you can brew a cup, chill it, and apply it to the sore. Chamomile is VERY soothing, and has both antibacterial and anti fungal properties. Although I would not use it to treat bacterial and fungal infections, it certainly helps control them until you can get to a vet. And since it is safe to use orally for anxiety in cats, it won't hurt anything if he licks it off...and he will.

I will only caution you to use prepared tea bags from the store, though, Those are all German chamomile, which is safe for cats. The English variety which is so popular in gardens is useless medicinally and toxic to cats.

Lisawilliams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all. I am a natural healer and have extensive plant knowledge. I made a stinging Nettle and Chaga tea bag for his wound. Its helping immensely so far. He was up and eating and drinking today, I have Chamomile of my own and tea bags. I will research the type it is. I will check out the financial links too