Sore mouth

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I've had to book Tigger back into the vet, she's started refusing dry food, although she eats wet food, she tries to avoid using one side of her mouth for the purposes of eating. I've tried to have a look, and unusually for her she's getting distressed and fighting me, normal for her is one squeal (when i try to brush her teeth, she expects the brush to bite her), when I tried to look in her mouth tonight though she tried hard to stop me from looking. About two weeks ago, the vet had said her teeth are in good condition for her age.

Could something have developed, in between the vet giving her teeth a proper clean there, and now? It's been two days ago that she started refusing to try eating dry food and will drop food from her mouth, when she does try to eat anything hard.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you able to take her back to your vet. As we know, toothache can suddenly start. Maybe she has knocked or cut her mouth and its causing her pain. If food is dropping from her mouth its usually a sign that something is bothering them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are you able to take her back to your vet. As we know, toothache can suddenly start. Maybe she has knocked or cut her mouth and its causing her pain. If food is dropping from her mouth its usually a sign that something is bothering them
She has a vet appointment booked in, the earliest appointment I could get for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As long as she is eating. Hopefully it will clear up before the vets appointment. Keep us updated.
She can eat wet food, but she can't tolerate having dry food on that side of her mouth, so refuses to chew on it

wet food she is able to chew/bite down into managable amounts <3