Sore cat !!!

siamesesammie

TCS Member
Kitten
Reaction score
Hi, I’m new to this forum but I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience...

I noticed my 3 year old girl was a bit scabby, and then scratched her face so badly that she had a large red sore area. She’s had a cone on to let it heal, but as soon as the cone is off she scratches again.

she’s had a vet check and she’s healthy, has been flea treated, wormed, steroids injections, steroid cream etc but nothing is working. She now has a similar sore area Under her leg which she won’t leave alone.

nothing is working and I don’t know what to do!! Has anyone else tried anything that has worked for this kind of problem?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Apoquel helped my cat pretty well. She has seasonal skin sensitivites/allergies to something in the environment. When I moved from Ohio to Los Angeles it flared up badly, then again when I moved back. It still happens around the time the weather changes. She will scratch herself raw above her ears. I have Apoquel on hand for these times she is miserable.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
You didn’t mention it so I just want to check: did your vet rule out infection in the area?

tashacombs35

My Loves
Kitten
Reaction score
Hi, I’m new to this forum but I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience...

I noticed my 3 year old girl was a bit scabby, and then scratched her face so badly that she had a large red sore area. She’s had a cone on to let it heal, but as soon as the cone is off she scratches again.

she’s had a vet check and she’s healthy, has been flea treated, wormed, steroids injections, steroid cream etc but nothing is working. She now has a similar sore area Under her leg which she won’t leave alone.

nothing is working and I don’t know what to do!! Has anyone else tried anything that has worked for this kind of problem?

My baby kept licking and chewing his side and foot. I went to Walmart and bought the fungal spray in animal section about 2 weeks later he was clear, not licking and hair was coming in really good and looked wonderful