Sore butt

Szewan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So while my Pancake was put under anesthesia for dental cleaning Monday, I asked the people at the clinic to give him a sani cut since he always has issues with cleaning the poop on his butt. I thought it was no big deal but today I noticed his anus is blood red and I saw brown debris around it (initially I thought it was his poop again but now I think it may be dried blood 😳). I just called the vet and emailed her a pic and she said it looked like razor burns and they should heal soon, and in the meantime I can put some Desitin on to help to sooth...I am attaching the pic (sorry if it’s too gross)...oh well even small things can go wrong I guess...sorry Pancake!!! 😿

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This has happened to me as well with cats and dogs. Some animals are very sensitive to the sanitary cut and some vet techs get a little too zealous. Next time point this out to them and ask that they be very careful.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry this happened and if it were me I would be livid. Unfortunately Pancake can't advocate for himself but I would make absolutely sure this was noted in his file.