Somewhat Unadoptable Misfit Cats Available For Forever Homes...

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Let us know how you get on.
From visiting cats in my local shelter I can say, yours seem pretty human friendly.
I have seen fearful cats come round with habitation to humans and yours seems pretty relaxed with you.
They are outside and I understand for some inside may be a stressor but a safe room to start and a little time I think they would be ok.

Did you show the Canada shipping woman the video?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let us know how you get on.
From visiting cats in my local shelter I can say, yours seem pretty human friendly.
I have seen fearful cats come round with habitation to humans and yours seems pretty relaxed with you.
They are outside and I understand for some inside may be a stressor but a safe room to start and a little time I think they would be ok.

Did you show the Canada shipping woman the video?
Not yet, she had some tame kitties that were just a little shy and they got turned down, so I know mine would be rejected. Mine are shy with strangers because people are mean to them here. They get kicked and chased with sticks. But I know once they are around nice people they will learn to trust.

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did a little search as am not feeling well so not out and about today. I found this group in Houston, is it one of the ones you have already tried?
Save A Purrfect Cat Rescue

They work by volunteer fostering and I know kitten season is approaching but they may be able to take a few of your kitties.

If they see how friendly they are with you, they are definetly adoptable.
They look small but even if they can take one it is a start.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a shame :(

Sometimes they just need a little time to trust.

You can see how happy they are to see you.

Let us know if you find good options online or would like more help looking for groups.
I think I need help coming up with a catchy post. I need a more effective advertising campaign. Got any idea's of what I can do to get people's attention?

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a little search as am not feeling well so not out and about today. I found this group in Houston, is it one of the ones you have already tried?
Save A Purrfect Cat Rescue

They work by volunteer fostering and I know kitten season is approaching but they may be able to take a few of your kitties.

If they see how friendly they are with you, they are definetly adoptable.
They look small but even if they can take one it is a start.

I think that's might be the lady that saved my cat Chuchi, I'll have to check. I'll give them a call.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you think about this for a Facebook post? Too much?

Heart.jpg

Reasons why I have to die.

I have never been inside before, so even thought I am friendly and love pets, the rescue groups consider me "feral"

It's kitten season.

Relocating TNR'ed cats is against policy, letting the apartment manager kill me because I haven't been relocated isn't their problem.

Relocating me to your back yard would be a lot of work.

Having to feed a new cat would not be convenient.

There's lots of cats that die, so what's the big deal, it's not your problem.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I tried post on a groups page and someone asked me to make it shareable. I have my privacy setting on my page as Public. Does anyone know how to fix the post to make it shareable?

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you see any settings for that specific post ?
I looked at the other posts on the page and they are not shareable either, so I think it must be the settings on their page.

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think something upbeat, not giving reasons why people don't keep cats.
Something like, Home needed please or several abandoned former pets need new homes
Short and sweet to get initial atrention

Then describe the situation. From my experience, friendly cats were once used to humans. If born and lived their entire lives outdoors I don't think they would be as friendly with you as they are, I think it is fair to say they are former pets who have not been treated well.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm maybe not several abandoned pets but Homes need for a little shy but sweet kittys who will blossom with love and care.

I have a friend who does artwork, I will ask if she can help make a poster
Yes you are right about being upbeat. That would be awesome if your friend could help. :)

ZepMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Surya@ I love this photo of Heart! She has stolen mine.

Think facebook would be a excellent way to get help for these kitties. Perhaps something along the lines of "You can make a difference, save a life, be a hero". Help other see how amazing these kitties are. That adopting an adult cat is a wonderful thing. Ideal for someone who doesn't have time for a kitten. Adult cats are more independent. Give them reasons why they should consider adopt one of these sweet kitties.

The profiles you've done on this post are wonderful. They give individual information on each & really create interest in that particular cat. If you could make flyers to post at pet stores, vet offices, place where animal lover can see them. Think that could spark interest too.

These are just some thoughts I wanted to share. Again I'm disappointed rescues are not a helpful resource for your situation. Guess I'm idealistic & feel they should provide assistance or suggestions. Individuals like yourself need a network to move forward & succeeded instead of roadblocks.