Somewhat Unadoptable Misfit Cats Available For Forever Homes...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there any rule against posting a link to our Facebook page in here?
ToS: "...Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential. All Content will be publically available and viewable. Your Content will not be deleted and may remain publically available and viewable should you request to delete your account." IDK if that applies in your case, but...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, my Facebook is kind of anonymous. But I guess it's better to be safe. I need you someone to teach me about social networking. I put a video on my Facebook of the kitties. It's too big to put on here.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, my Facebook is kind of anonymous. But I guess it's better to be safe. I need you someone to teach me about social networking. I put a video on my Facebook of the kitties. It's too big to put on here.
Well, I do a LOT of social networking on multiple sites and one thing you might consider doing is having a separate account for your activism. I have 5 facebook pages, a twitter account and a couple of cat-specific site accounts, this being one.
I would strongly advise keeping anything "personal" like your own/family pix and information separate from your activism. I didn't have any luck posting videos here, and I've never posted my own videos elsewhere -- they are just for me. Ask me any questions you want re: social networking. But mainly, keep the personal content as safe as possible but consider it open to the planet's viewing, no matter what is said about privacy.

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear of the troubles you and your semi ferals are facing. I think barn cat homes may be an option, if you can link into a network that places them. There are likely rescues that spay/neuter and place in rural homes.
I have seen a program that said Austin was a no kill city.
If you can via rescue links, get some to Austin, a safe shelter may be a good first step and then they can hopefully be fostered out to socialize further or adopt out.

Try an instagram page and post photos of the cats and use #tags to Texas rescues, Texas cats needing homes etc.
If want help getting into Instagram I can assist as learned recently myself.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a video of some of them:

Those are NOT feral cats. They meow at humans, and they let you stroke them. Those are very adoptable cats. The small one who didn't come near may be an exception, or not -- can't tell from one video. But the others are definitely human-habituated. The grey tabby is eartipped, too, which should mean (s)he has been speutered.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Did you ever have a chance to find out of Denver's MaxFund Rescue still had their Houston contacts from when they were transporting supplies there after Harvey?
303-595-4917

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Did you ever have a chance to find out of Denver's MaxFund Rescue still had their Houston contacts from when they were transporting supplies there after Harvey?
303-595-4917
I just called them again, they are still full. At least the lady was nice to me. :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, call them yourself if you don't believe me.
I find it mystifying that not one of those links has provided any suggestions, since all of them link to organizations whose reason for being is to help cats. That failing, there must be some local advocates working in the area.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, what can you do when people assume they know more about your situation than you do. That's the internet for you.

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Surya,
I am not in Texas.
It seems people seem to dump pets in the area near your apartment complex.
I cannot physically help you as am not anywhere near you.
I think your best bet it to find local groups or groups in nearby states that pick up and transport shelter animals and animals in need of rescue.
I have heard of rescue groups that move animals from states with more shelter animals to areas where there is more chance of adoption.
I would look into rescue and animal rights groups in Austin as it is a no kill city.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Surya,
I am not in Texas.
It seems people seem to dump pets in the area near your apartment complex.
I cannot physically help you as am not anywhere near you.
I think your best bet it to find local groups or groups in nearby states that pick up and transport shelter animals and animals in need of rescue.
I have heard of rescue groups that move animals from states with more shelter animals to areas where there is more chance of adoption.
I would look into rescue and animal rights groups in Austin as it is a no kill city.
I did talk to a lady who works with a group who ships kitties to Canada. But they only want "adoptable" cats. Even though these kitties are very sweet and pet-able, they aren't adoptable by rescue group standards. I feel like some of them could be with a little bit of work. Some cats who have never been inside before take a little while to adjust. I just need to find some kind hearted person who will give them a chance. I think Harry, the blue Russian looking one might be tame enough, so I am talking to her about him. I will check with groups in Austin too, that is a good idea.

Last edited: