Somewhat Unadoptable Misfit Cats Available For Forever Homes...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
www.alleycat.org
www.BestFriends.org/resources
You will find a wealth of information and links on these two sites. Please avail yourself of them. And it is a FELONY to harm ANY cat in all 50 US States.
The city of Houston and the shelters kill them every day. It is not a felony if they do it. I am familiar with those organizations and they have not been able to help.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wish I was better at networking & could help get these babies homes. My vet takes in "misfits" that she says no one else wants & they're barn kitties. Not every kitty has to be a lap kitty. Maybe this kind of home would work for some.

Whenever I've asked others involved in rescue, I'm told cats are so hard to find homes. Can't understand this at all. Seems like more people could care for a cat than a dog. Don't misunderstand, I have both & couldn't imagine my life without them.

surya surya , your posts on this thread drew me in with each on these kitties description & photos. Your time & effort clearly shows. I know of only one rescue group website that oftens similar
Cats are far and away the most popular and beloved companion animals, with millions more in US homes than dogs. TCS is a good place to find help and dialogue with fellow cat people, but in order to advocate for cats, it helps to do it on more generalized social media. I do so every day on facebook and twitter. You just set up accounts on those sites and then you can share for cats from any ACC, humane society, rescue or sanctuary, plus cats in private care. You do have to be somewhat careful because they'll flag you or even shut you down temporarily if their bots detect you and think you are "spamming". I've fought with them over this for years, but I'm still crossposting, as are many, many others. On facebook there are so many of us we're called the facebook underground army. I URGE everyone to do this. It saves many lives. Please feel free to cut and paste and share this post.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The city of Houston and the shelters kill them every day. It is not a felony if they do it. I am familiar with those organizations and they have not been able to help.
You can also visit lacroixtees.com where you will be able to select your location from a dropdown menu and find listings of local shelters. I don't know how helpful that will be, but it's another option. Also don't know if kittico cat rescue operates in houston -- I know they do in the dallas area.

You searched for Texas Houston - AnimalRescueDirectory.NET

Click on the above link for rescue groups in Houston. And surya surya , This link may be very helpful:
Texas Special Needs Pets

They are active and seem to specialize in feral and special needs cats.

And:

Kitten House Rescue

Also:

https://www.houstonpetsalive.org/

Last edited:

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know, would there be something here?
Free Legal Aid in Houston
Yes, I called them. It seems like these groups that help poor people are very slow getting you in touch with lawyers, like weeks or months and then it will be too late. But I am still trying everything I can find. I'm just so frustrated and depressed. And I have to wait till Monday to make more calls, because of office hours. But thank you. :)

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shelters aren't the best option for semi-tame kitties. They need more socialization in order to be adoptable, so what they need is a foster or adopter. Or just a safe space to live where they have someone to feed them.

I'm pretty worried about being homeless myself right now.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What about the law clinics towards the bottom of the page - maybe there's something there?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird see my post just now.
Thank you!!!! I do see. Cat lovers United are the only way. Networking is so important! Personally, I am at the point of wanting to start a sanctuary. I dealt with over 100 myself and although I got 3/4 into safe homes..... it isn’t over yet. Surya faces worse.
A Surya sanctuary! A safe place for a colony, something. Adoptions fast!
Surya, don’t be depressed! You have others behind you. You are not alone in this. Follow the suggestions and you know how to find me. You are getting info from the best! We just have to spread the word of this desperate situation to more cat lovers. They are out there!

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!!!! I do see. Cat lovers United are the only way. Networking is so important! Personally, I am at the point of wanting to start a sanctuary. I dealt with over 100 myself and although I got 3/4 into safe homes..... it isn’t over yet. Surya faces worse.
A Surya sanctuary! A safe place for a colony, something. Adoptions fast!
Surya, don’t be depressed! You have others behind you. You are not alone in this. Follow the suggestions and you know how to find me. You are getting info from the best! We just have to spread the word of this desperate situation to more cat lovers. They are out there!
Thanks Jcatbird, but I feel very alone and afraid.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try some chamomile tea, try some music - it works. Don't let this get on top of you.
Thank you, I haven't been sleeping well. And there is too much to do, I can't handle it all. But I have to destress in order to deal with this. I'm not good with stress. I need some help, like a miracle. I feel like I'm sinking in quick sand. The harder I try, the more I sink. Thank you Furballsmom. :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, panicking does not help. I feel a little calmer today. :)
I get into bad places, too, as we all do from time to time. Looking back on these times, I always realize: 1. I'm still here! and 2. I'm still able to help/do something/be effective/fight the battles! I think these are important things to reflect on while something bad is going on, too. I've been in places I was sure I couldn't survive. And here I am. :vibes::vibes::vibes::hugs:

ZepMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
surya surya
Sending positive thoughts that some of the rescue groups will often you the assistance you so desperately need. Have you asked if they have any information/contacts concerning your legal assistance need? Seems they would have a network to help those in this kind of situation.

I know this is very stressful, but please do not give up. Have you considered contacting the media? A small write up could lead to someone with a solution.

What about the vet that provides their care? Do they have any contacts with a rescue that could assist? Would "your" vet's office know of clients wanting a barn cat? Perhaps they could put you in contact with other vet offices in rural areas that would have clients wanting a cat.

The effort you have put into these beautiful kitties needs to be recognized by an organization that can assist you with getting them into a safe environment.

I know you've contacted so many asking for help, but please do not give up. Please mention this thread so they can see the profiles you have done. Those are amazing! Definite proof you are doing all you can on your own, but deserve their help.

Prayers being sent for you & your kitties.

ZepMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, what can we do to help these kitties? How do these rescues decide who to help? If they recieved more calls about Surya's kitties would that make a difference?

I mean look at the profiles she has done here! Those should get someone's attention!