Something Wrong With One Of My Cat's Paw Jellybean?

maliha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_20170723_230427.jpg
I noticed just a while ago something odd about my cat's front paw. One of the jelly beans of her paw seems a little off color and off shape. Just one of the 5 paws see the photo.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not really seeing what you are talking about, as your kitty has pretty floofy feeties. The discoloration can, and almost always is, perfectly normal. Not all of the pads will necessarily be the same. Hekitty has all black jelly beans, except on ONE foot, where one is pink, and one is bicolored. Just part of what makes them, them. If the texture of the jelly bean in question is the same as the others, and she isn't showing any signs of pain or lameness, I think you're ok. Keep an eye on it for a few days. If it stays as it is, don't fret. If it gets "worse," changes, have a vet check it.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It looks like your cat has silver maybe smoke coloring so that could make the Jelly beans different colors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maliha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, something is definitely wrong
Look at this
Both the front paws look like this, the back paws are normal and black
IMG_20170724_184056.jpg
IMG_20170724_184042.jpg

maliha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is there a home remedy to this?
Seems like dryness I guess, shes not showing any painful signs but bites me when i touch her paws but that has been her nature she's always done that so can't say

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That does look like something to be concerned about. I'm not sure what would cause her front paw pads to start cracking like that, but it must be hurting her. I would suggest a visit to the vet if you can and get her checked out. She may need a prescription ointment that you can't buy over the counter.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, okay. I see what you mean now. Does your cat go outdoors, or is she strictly an indoor kitty?

One of our cats frequently gets dry toes that look like that, but in his case, it's usually because the air in the house is too dry, or it's related to the treatment that the vet prescribed for his chronic nail/toe fungus.

maliha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She doesn't exactly go out, she does go into the catio we've made, its all concrete though. And sje sometimes sneaks into our basement which is very moist and messy. its like a haunted house down there.
Does it look like an infection or is it just dryness? If its an infection ill definitely take her to the vet
For now ive put some coconut oil on her paws

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
does the basement have concrete flooring? that can irritate the paws if she runs around down there.

maliha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes it's all concrete flooring
I have a very busy schedule during the week
I will take her to the vet on Sunday till then im going to apply coconut oil or vaseline on her paws

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She doesn't exactly go out, she does go into the catio we've made, its all concrete though. And sje sometimes sneaks into our basement which is very moist and messy. its like a haunted house down there.
Does it look like an infection or is it just dryness? If its an infection ill definitely take her to the vet
For now ive put some coconut oil on her paws
Well, it could just be dryness, irritation/abrasions from the concrete, etc. But if it is some kind of bacterial or fungal infection, the vet can prescribe something to treat it and hopefully keep it from spreading to any other toes. :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At first I thought it might be clumping litter caked to her paw. But if you put coconut oil on it, it would have come off. What did it look like once you put the coconut oil on it?

maliha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Heres what it looks like after i put coconut oil
IMG_20170724_195911.jpg
IMG_20170724_195925.jpg

maliha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_20170724_195832.jpg

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it actually cut? I though at first that is was oozing, but perhaps I'm wrong and it's just dry and hard skin that's cracking, like a callous.

maliha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its definitely not cut, thats for sure, but i cant figure out if its an infection or not. Seems like dryness, ill take her to the vet anyway

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just curious...

Have you noticed any improvement at all since you started applying the coconut oil? And how long does it take from the time you apply it until the skin starts to look kinda cracked and dried out again?

maliha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lemme go check on her

maliha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_20170724_225417.jpg