Something To Replace Greek Yogurt

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't like Greek yogurt the first time I tried it, then I talked to someone who said it tasted better if it is stirred first. So I tried stirring and it seemed to improve the taste and texture. My favorite is vanilla flavored Chobani 100. :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There is of course turkish youghurt too. Similiar type as greek youghurt, but less sour.

What surprsises me you TS tell about low fat. As I know greek youghurt is rather high in fat, to be a yoghurt, about 10%?. At least, the brand sold in Sweden.
Full fat youghurts sold in Sweden are otherwise typically on 3%.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've tried to like greek yogurt too.. and I just can't. Have you tried using protein powder and making a shake? Or are you pressed for time in the morning? Sometimes I have a hard time getting enough protein in my diet for the day. So my best friend sent me unjury chocolate protein powder.

You have to use a blender and ice for the best result and I always put some banana in it and it tasted really good. It didn't even taste like.. healthy. They also have chicken noodle soup flavor but that would be kind of odd in the morning. :lol:

It is kind of spendy (I didn't have to pay for mine, obviously) but maybe contact the company for samples before you splurge $23 of a canister in case you don't like it.

UNJURY® Medical Quality Protein™ in Containers and Packets

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
I like Greek yogurt, but the low cal varieties are just not very good, in general. Those 30 or so extra calories really make it 10x tastier (but still a very low calorie food overall, compared to nearly anything else).

A good protein shake or smoothie is another option (another I'm fond of)

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet it is.

No need for that. Tripe is used in a lot of recipes like menudo. I know many people who like it. When I lived in Colorado, a lot of people would eat menudo for breakfast. It is allegedly the best hangover cure there is. :D
I'd personally rather have the hangover, but I know lots of people who love their menudo, not the boy band Menudo.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester, ever try any hummus?

It's one of the most versatile things. The only difficulty can be getting the chickpeas (garbanzos) cooked enough; a pressure cooker makes a huge difference. (Don't cook it enough and you might become a cheap, abundant source of natural gas . . . .)

You can add all kinds of things to it. Make is Punjabi style, with cinnamon, lemon and hot pepper and clove. Or with some mint at serving. Or with some tomatoes, and a bit of garlic.

Don't cook too much; a little goes a long way, unless you're having a crowd (a large crowd) over to eat.