Something New from Leftovers

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not too proud to admit that there's always more for me to learn. Like what to do with leftover food. Sort of synchronizes with Stretching A Dollar too.

We had meatloaf last night. There's always meatloaf sandwiches, reheated meatloaf . . . I decided to look on line to see what other options there might be. You'd think people were making meatloaf specifically to create leftovers! One site even said you could buy ready cooked meatloaf next to barbecued chicken for their suggested leftover recipe!

So what are my options? I could make meatloaf spaghetti sauce, that's something I've done before. After all, how much difference is there between meatballs and cubed leftover meatloaf except shape.

But I never thought of leftover meatloaf tacos. Or leftover meatloaf shepherd's pie.

How about you? Any uses for leftover whatever that you really enjoy?

Last edited:

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use leftover chicken fajitas to make chicken nachos! :cloud9: Add some cheese, lettuce, chives, black beans, and voila!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I sauteed some mushrooms, crumbled up a couple of slices of yesterday's meatloaf, heated it with tomato sauce from a different meal. Served over spaghetti. very nice, and nothing at all like meatloaf!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I'm going to try the leftover meatloaf shepherd's pie

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not too proud to admit that there's always more for me to learn. Like what to do with leftover food. Sort of synchronizes with Stretching A Dollar too.

We had meatloaf last night. There's always meatloaf sandwiches, reheated meatloaf . . . I decided to look on line to see what other options there might be. You'd think people were making meatloaf specifically to create leftovers! One site even said you could buy ready cooked meatloaf next to barbecued chicken for their suggested leftover recipe!

So what are my options? I could make meatloaf spaghetti sauce, that's something I've done before. After all, how much difference is there between meatballs and cubed leftover meatloaf except shape.

But I never thought of leftover meatloaf tacos. Or leftover meatloaf shepherd's pie.

How about you? Any uses for leftover whatever that you really enjoy?
Whenever I make meatloaf, I make meatloaf and mashed potato TV dinners for the freezer. They reheat really well and it’s nice to have something I can grab and microwave when I don’t feel like cooking. Pot roast is another one that makes great frozen dinners. And I always make individual containers of soups and marinara sauce for the freezer as well.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is the leftover chicken that's something new for dinner.

I have the chicken thighs left over from yesterday. Removed skin and bone, packed away just meat in the refrigerator. Pot pies tonight, I think. Chicken, partially cook carrot, defrost small pearl onions, green peas, some corn. White sauce based on chicken broth. And top with dollops of biscuit dough, then bake.

This biscuit recipe is so good - adaptable for sweet or savory, easy to scale down, mostly flour with a little corn meal, cold butter, baking powder, chop up in Magic Bullet, add milk, plop onto pot pies. If I'm making fruit cobblers - cherry or apple or whatever - there's some sugar in the dough.