Some Shed Pics

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! It's taking longer than we would like, but we're getting there. Rick started fastening bookcases to the wall yesterday. Then our neighbor came in with his backhoe to move dirt around, so he got sidetracked. I'm really hoping to start moving books in this weekend.

Our neighbor said he'd be more than willing to come down and watch a football game with Rick. In the shed. :)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I was working on putting some books in the shed this afternoon. The sheet is over the tv. Not nearly finished, but it's a good start! (Oh, the Heidi book in the last picture was for a personal joke with my brother). The pictures were taken with my cell phone.

BookcaseOne.jpg
BookcaseTwo.jpg
BookcaseThree.jpg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is that a statue of a bird sitting on top of the bookshelf in the last picture?

Which cat is in the photo right below it? Look at that floofy belly. So cute!! :cloud9:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 That is Edgar, the black crow perched on top of the bookcase. If you look on the shelf with Pete the parrot, you will see Allan, the black rat. And Poe, the bat, is wrapped up against the window. Edgar, Allan, and Poe were originally in my office one year for Halloween. But after the holiday, I really didn't want to take them down, so they've lived in my office now for about five years. They have a new home in the shed. I'm going to keep them there. Much to the chagrin of my son, I'm sure. He came into my office a few years ago and was appalled to see Edgar, Allan, and Poe. "Mom!" he literally hissed at me, "You have a crow, a rat, and a bat in your office. What the h*** is wrong with you?" Did not go well.

The kitty with the foofy belly is Banshee, our rainbow baby and the feline love of my life. I adored my Queen B. She lived to give belly waves.

Pete the metal parrot was given to me by one of my co-workers. He found him at a thrift shop or a yard sale or something. I took him out of Bob's office and brought him home when we did Rick's 60th birthday bash and I placed him on our homemade tiki bar. After the party, I took him back to work. He's been in my office ever since. When I decided to retire, I told Bob that I was taking Pete with me; didn't matter what he said, Pete was coming home. He told me to go ahead and take him, not that it would have mattered. Possession is 9/10 of the law. Pete is mine!

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Mia6 Mia6 . I'm not done with my books.

The tv is working. I had to set it up on my cell phone, which was a little weird as I've never done that before. But it works well. The cable weenie is coming next Monday afternoon to activate the cable on the tv. Rick wants that cable more so than I do.

Once the couch is delivered, then I'm going to do a free trial of Netflix.

The guys did the footers for the deck yesterday.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The shed deck is finished. It looks really nice, but honestly, I think the deck overpowers the shed. The thing looks massive. I'm hoping that, come spring, when I stain it, maybe it will recede a bit into the shed itself, if that makes any sense.

Cable service will be installed next Monday afternoon.
The sofa sleeper will be delivered next Saturday (not tomorrow). Still looking at the beginning of December for chair delivery
I'll get some pictures

We still haven't designated an actual move-in day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That's what I'm going to do, stain it a grey color to match the shed. It's right in the front. And it feels out-of-place.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
It'll look a lot better once it matches. Raw wood gives the whole project an unfinished look and draws the eye to it. I think you'll be happy when it's all stained to match.

I'm glad you're so close to an official move-in!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Matching the shed color was what I was going to suggest too. It'll look different once it's finished off. Are you going to add potted flowers or anything? That would help too.