Some Shed Pics

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We're getting there! I haven't posted pictures in a while because the place looks like a hurricane hit it. Old sheets all over the floor, ladders, window trim half-finished, no floor moulding (although the floor is down). The bookcases are put together, but not attached to the wall yet. The sleeper sofa and the chair have been ordered; we expect the sofa to come in within the next week or so, but the chair won't be here until sometime around the beginning of December.

Still looking at rugs, a small table with a couple chairs, end tables, and places for plants. I've been looking at a television, but haven't really made up my mind yet. We'll probably wait til closer to Black Friday. One of the local Mom-and-Pop stores said that if we bought the tv from them, they'd deliver it, hang it, and then calibrate it at no charge for anything. Plus they'd let us not pay any sales tax. This is the store where we bought our other tvs and, they did that for us the last times, too. They want our business; we want a good deal. I'm pretty serious about a Samsung, but am still looking at an LG.

Still having trouble with internet access and I don't know why. It comes and goes. I may have to bite the bullet and just buy a new router and modem and get it over with. This isn't working.

We have a cabinet that was originally supposed to be used for the bathroom remodel last year, but there were some problems with it. They sent us a replacement cabinet and told us to keep the old one. We stuck it in the basement, but I'm thinking of putting it in the shed. Yeah, it's a bluish color, but all it would take is some kind of top for it. Rick is thinking of using some extra floorboard to fashion a top. We'll see how it goes. I can always paint it white if I have to.

The shed is nice and warm. The heaters are working beautifully. The contractor is done (except for whatever he and Rick will do in November for my Christmas present), the electrician is done. We still have a ton of outside work to do: moving soil, doing some grading, creating a pathway, etc.

I'll get some pictures, once we get the place cleaned up a bit.

We had some shed visitors on Saturday. Several neighbors saw us working outside and came over; they wanted to see what we had done. They thought everything looked very nice.

Thanks for asking!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still having trouble with internet access and I don't know why. It comes and goes. I may have to bite the bullet and just buy a new router and modem and get it over with. This isn't working.
are you running a 'line' from your house to the McShed, for internet? how long of a 'line', how far in feet? it may be that a 'repeater/amplifier' added to the line would fix the issue(s) you're experiencing. i used two (in my computer and tv set up), which prevented any problems. if i remember correctly, i read that 50 feet or more (though i'm pretty sure the cables i added the repeater to are 25 feet in length) needs a repeater/amplifier. repeater/amplifiers can be 'in' a cable (part of the cable), or can be a seperate piece (which your cable plugs in to, and then another shorter cable connects the repeater/amplifier to your tv or computer).

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It won't be a tub or hot tub or anything like that. I'm thinking more along the line of a small deck or porch. I'll get some more pictures this weekend!

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Yes, we ran a cat 6 line from the house to the shed under the ground. About 300 feet; we were very careful not to twist or bend the cable as went went.. Now, we were told (by my BIL and by a cable tech weenie and by a Best Buy weenie) NOT to add any boosters because every time a booster is added, it actually splits the feed. I thought that was odd. I even had our cable technie on the phone with me for about 3 hours one night with my BIL and me. Nobody seems to be able to figure out what's going on. I have a feeling that it's something very simple that we're missing and, if and when we find it, we're going to :doh2:.

My BIL was an IT weenie in a previous life. When he wired his 3 story house for internet, he did it the exact same way I did the blasted shed: access points and switches.That's why I did it that way because he said he could help me. But I can't figure it out. :paperbag:

When we ran the lines (cable, internet, and electricity), we did them all separate so as to not create any kind of interference.

We definitely have internet; the cable is good. We tested it. But we just can't seem to access it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Some new shed pictures.....Still a mess. The windows are trimmed out now, except for the transom above the door. And the door area. Floor is in, but not the molding. Book cases are put together, but not attached to the wall yet. I really like the floor.

Can't wait to decorate for Christmas!

ShedOne.jpg

I love the vaulted ceiling and the light. Rick and the contractors did an outstanding job, IMO. I like the little access doors.

CeilingOne.jpg

LightOne.jpg

Bookcases.jpg
EnviHeater.jpg
LightTwo.jpg

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys! We're getting close and I'm really getting excited to be able to "move in". It's taking longer to finish up, simply because there's so much yard work we need to do. Rick has been busy mulching leaves and mowing the yard. The pool is finally closed for the winter. He works outside during the day and then in the shed later on.

And ultimately, it is just a shed. It was built as a shed. And that means that there are some issues with things being plumb or straight or being able to keep the flooring straight because of the walls. Things like that. Fortunately baseboard will hide a lot of it. Same with window trim. I think Rick has done a great job!

Mia6 Mia6 Better Sheds and Gardens! :flail:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
If that palace is "just a shed", then I need to find a new word to describe the windowless, electricity-less, dirty, cobweb-y building where I keep my gardening supplies
We need to start a thread with pictures of our actual sheds, so Pam can compare them to her palace shed. My shed is steel grey and contains a chainsaw, power tools, snowboards and a colony of spiders.

:eek: