Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Some inside pictures, finishing up insulation tonight:

InsideOne.jpg

InsideThree.jpg

InsideFour.jpg

Right after I took these pictures, we cleaned everything up, took the beadboard pieces into the basement, folded the old sheets, etc. Rick is trying to get the final insulation done tonight. The drywall guys will be here tomorrow and he wants a clean shed for them to work in.

This is where the trench was. We have internet, cable, and electricity in the shed. We need to get this trench area cleaned up for the winter and get some grass planted. We had waited because we wanted to give the trench dirt time to sink in and get settled. I found stepping stones in the shape of paw prints, so I think I'm going to use those in the pathway to the shed. I'm thinking of just using mulch or maybe some kind of stones in the path, then lay down some pawprints here and there along the path. But, at this point, that's probably for next spring. We do have to get some grass planted in the area, though; the fall is a good time to seed yards around here.

We also need to close up the bottom of the shed at the pad to make sure the critters stay out!
Trench.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I think "shed" I see shovels, rakes, a wheel barrow, some plants pots, and bags of soil or mulch. Will any of those things be in your heated, internet and cable equipped shed?

Seriously, it sounds amazing! But I think it's time to stop calling it a shed, and refer to it as "Pam's Palace". :)

Looking forward to seeing more pics, particularly the paw print stepping stones.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it ! Build one for me? I will tell my sis about this in Alaska. Her husband built a yurt for her. Since their house burned down, her boyfriend built another house. Yurts gone. Huge windows to see the wild animals. Mostly moose. He would build a shed like that. My parents want me to live near them or live near my sisters. Probably the one in Georgia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Drywalling is coming along; the guys came in just after I left for work this morning. They have to hang the drywall on the back side of the shed, then they can start taping, mudding, etc. It's strange, though; I'm used to seeing all the way to the roof and now the ends are covered; the vault is still there, but it all looks so different. The ceiling is still pretty "up there" and I'll be able to have a nice, tall Christmas tree. (And Norachan Norachan no, that beadboard-filled ladder is not staying there as a cat tree!! :flail: Although I'm sure our Miss Pop would love it.)

maggie101 maggie101 I saw pictures of yurts. Man, they can be gorgeous! I bet they're nice and warm in the winter. Nice!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Drywalling is coming along; the guys came in just after I left for work this morning. They have to hang the drywall on the back side of the shed, then they can start taping, mudding, etc. It's strange, though; I'm used to seeing all the way to the roof and now the ends are covered; the vault is still there, but it all looks so different. The ceiling is still pretty "up there" and I'll be able to have a nice, tall Christmas tree. (And Norachan Norachan no, that beadboard-filled ladder is not staying there as a cat tree!! :flail: Although I'm sure our Miss Pop would love it.)
Will this be the new home of the tacky white tree? :lol:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Will this be the new home of the tacky white tree? :lol:
I don't know! Rick would love it if I put the TWT in the shed! I love having the TWT in the kitchen, though, and I love doing my holiday baking with the tree there. We do have another green tree that I could put out in the shed; I'll have to figure out what I want to do.

Pam, it's just amazing!! I bet you can't wait for your first night/day in it, with Molli and the Beast. Eating peanut M&Ms, coffee, and a great book.
The closer we get to painting, the more excited I'm getting. Greg said that he won't finish the vault until we're done painting. I'm excited to see the finished vault with the chandelier, too. No Beast, though. Just Rick, Molli, and me. Although I doubt Rick will spend any time in there, until the tv is connected (and I have to buy one).

I need to start looking at furniture now.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I love this rug: Lotus DD230846R Rug

With a grey sofa and the floor, it would look great, I think. I showed it to Dear Richard, thinking he would say, "Oh lord, no, no, no." But he didn't. He really likes this one, too.

The problem is that they have some really bad reviews on FB. Posts saying that the company is a scam, people who posted flashing fraud alerts, etc. That scares me. Rick said to get it through a credit card; that way, if anything happens, I can let the card deal with the company. But that's a headache I really don't want to have. Sure do like that rug, though.