Some reassurance ?!!!

Seunie9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi tcs members
Rn I am panicking cz I will spay my two female cats tomorrow cz I am traveling after few weeks and all cats have to be spayed/neutered , I alr spayed/neutered all my cats except these two they r female 2 yrs and both are less than 3kg , they r very tiny and I am afraid it will be hard for them , I asked for the best vet here (I lost one of my cats after neutering surgery 6 months ago ) which explains why I am so scared , and one of them always in heat which make it too hard
So anyone sprayed small weak cats like me and all was good ??

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My girl was spayed at 6 months old because she was tiny and a sickly kitten so we waited but wanted to avoid her first heat. She's only 3.4 kg full grown now; she had to have been around 2kg at the time of her spay. Her surgery went perfect and she had a very smooth healing. I also made sure the vet who did the surgery was using top procedures and medications. Her spay incision was about half a thumb length and never even swelled. Look at her now showing off her pretty belly.

20220108_134432.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Seunie9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My girl was spayed at 6 months old because she was tiny and a sickly kitten so we waited but wanted to avoid her first heat. She's only 3.4 kg full grown now; she had to have been around 2kg at the time of her spay. Her surgery went perfect and she had a very smooth healing. I also made sure the vet who did the surgery was using top procedures and medications. Her spay incision was about half a thumb length and never even swelled. Look at her now showing off her pretty belly.

View attachment 407155
You have a very pretty queen , I know it's a routine procedure but I am afraid to suffer again from another loss , I can't really sleep although the vet app after few hours

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't say that everything will absolutely be fine, and I am sorry that you lost one to this procedure, but odds are very good that everything will be fine. I know that here rescues routinely spay/neuter kittens when they are 2 months old and weigh at least 2 pounds which is just under a kilogram so they can go up for adoption.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Seunie9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A very late update but I spayed them and they r fine except just mild infection cz they hate collar but I am happy they r fine it's enough
Thanks for everyone here