Some really endearing feline behaviour

frankgsterlejr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The following story was in The National Post ...

'If someone out there is looking for a clever cat that gets along with dogs but does not get along with closed doors, we have someone they really need to come and meet'
Sadaf Ahsan November 12, 2019 Last Updated November 13, 2019
Pawlice blotter: Shelter cat placed in solitary after jailbreaking his furry friends out

A cat named Quilty was recently sentenced to solitary confinement after breaking his fellow furry friends out from their enclosures at the Friends For Life Animal Rescue And Adoption Organization in Houston, Texas.

“Quilty will not be contained. And he has no shame,” the shelter wrote in a Facebook post. “Quilty loves to let cats out of the senior room. Repeatedly. Several times a day.”

Apparently, he’s always had a knack for prison-breaking, and used to regularly let a dog into his previous home.

The little escape artist was held in the lobby of the shelter until the room could be “Quilty-proofed.”

They added in the post, “If someone out there is looking for a clever cat that gets along with dogs but does not get along with closed doors, we have someone they really need to come and meet.”

As it happens, Quilty may have found his forever home. The cat has been spending a trial week with a new potential family.

On Quilty’s Instagram, (@free_quilty), the family said they’ve bonded well so far, and that he “hasn’t shown any slickness at all yet.”

The shelter responded, “Really, bro? REALLY?! Guess he left all his 🌶 at the shelter. 😒 A few of our other cats have APPARENTLY caught it now.”

Some cats just like to watch the world burn, it seems.

https://nationalpost.com/entertainment/pawlice-blotter-shelter-cat-is-placed-in-solitary-confinement-after-jailbreaking-his-furry-friends

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Well yeah, I just love our clever felines and their antics! And aren’t they always brainstorming ways to get to where they want to be? Our muched loved, and exasperating cat Beju was always scheming. Consequently he figured out how to open doors 😂
CF8D7233-ECA9-4735-8404-F8C854CE9E0F.jpeg

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have to keep our laundry room door closed at all times because Bynx always wants into the drop ceiling...he's already crashed thru once.
We had to put child locks on the kitchen cabinets because Chester and Bynx are always getting into them.
Bynx knows which nick nacks to "almost" play with to get my attention when HE wants it.
I have had to really look at all the items in my home to see the "cat toy" potential in them, to make sure if I leave something in their reach (which is pretty well anywhere in the house that's not behind closed doors), isn't dangerous, going to get destroyed, or just be a pain for me later. Like waking up to salt all over the living room floor, because I left a recently filled salt shaker on the coffee table, and someone thought it was a great toy to bat around all night.
And the list goes on.....they definitely keep me on my toes, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat did a 360 in the air. That is what it looked like. I must of imagined it. How is it possible? She only jumps strait up and down. Her eyes change color green to brown.