Some of my past/present Reptiles :)

kazzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I love all animals...scalies and furies alike. I only have one reptile right now, but I used to have over 25 lizards that were either bred or just pets. I'll start with my first ever reptile, a bearded dragon, Miss Priss. Sadly she died two years ago. The anniversary of her death is actually tomorrow. I had her ten great years, and I miss her to pisses. I lived with my mom for some of those years, and her cat, Diamond, even loved Miss Priss. On several occasions I caught her in Miss Priss's cage snuggled up to her and both were sleeping. Wish I had a pic of that. This was our favorite pass time, hanging at the pool

Here's two little baby bearded dragons I cared for for a friend while she was preparing to get her tank set up.

Here's a mix of some adult Crested geckos, babies, and some I hatched

And here's my current, Phoebe, my patternless female Leopard gecko

I'm sure I'll post more pics later! Hope you enjoyed these

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kazzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I highly recommend Leopard geckos as your first reptile

Thanks! Haha, they are loads of fun. When they first hatch they are such tough little things. They 'bark' and squeak at you and gape their mouths. Sometimes they'll bite but they are only about as big as my pinky so it just kinda tickles when they do and no bite marks are left haha.

They really are fun and interesting critters. They all have their own personalities. My first leopard gecko, Sprinkles, I hand fed since I had gotten her as a baby. So whenever she was hungry, or it was feeding time, she would 'beg' for food. She'd crawl towards me in the cage and look straight at me with these big ol' cute eyes and wait to be fed. She was known for escaping, but I could always rely on her to come right back to beg for food during feeding time!

kazzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone...sorry I haven't responded to this, and I would just leave it be but I wanted to answer this:

Originally Posted by Katkuddler

You've got quite a variety of those guys. We have wild Iguanas living in our back yard. Check out this thread. Do these make good pets?
Green iguanas do NOT make good pets, at least to the average keeper. The get BIG (that a juvie in that picture) and a lot of the times, aggressive. They require a lot of space, expensive lighting, etc. I hate seeing stores selling the babies for $20 a piece to inexperienced people who have no idea what they are getting into. In the end, the iguana sadly gets dumped because of the aggression or size.

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm opposite, I would highly recomend a beardie as a first lizard, they have such amazing personalities and they just love people.

I have a beardie, a leo and a corn snake.

My SHTCTB leo is a brat....I've had her since she was 4 weeks old, TINY and she's always been a skittish, crazy lizard. I think she snorts her calcium when nobody is looking

My corn snake is just awesome

katkuddler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kazzy

Thanks everyone...sorry I haven't responded to this, and I would just leave it be but I wanted to answer this:

Green iguanas do NOT make good pets, at least to the average keeper. The get BIG (that a juvie in that picture) and a lot of the times, aggressive. They require a lot of space, expensive lighting, etc. I hate seeing stores selling the babies for $20 a piece to inexperienced people who have no idea what they are getting into. In the end, the iguana sadly gets dumped because of the aggression or size.
I also have some brown ones...like the one on the roof of my shed (see pic).. What can you tell me about them? Thanks.

kazzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momto3boys

I'm opposite, I would highly recomend a beardie as a first lizard, they have such amazing personalities and they just love people.

I have a beardie, a leo and a corn snake.

My SHTCTB leo is a brat....I've had her since she was 4 weeks old, TINY and she's always been a skittish, crazy lizard. I think she snorts her calcium when nobody is looking

My corn snake is just awesome
Haha, yeah, I understand! I love my dragons
Only reason I don't recommend them to beginners is because of their care requirements. With all of the special lighting, larger tank, supplements, greens, etc., it's just easier for someone just getting started to get going with something a lot easier. Leos are super easy. 20 gal. tank, no lights needed, heating pad, hides (1 humid), paper towels, and bugs. Oh, of course, calcium dish. A lot more simple and less time consuming than a dragon.

Originally Posted by Katkuddler

I also have some brown ones...like the one on the roof of my shed (see pic).. What can you tell me about them? Thanks.

Green Iguana (Iguana iguana), the tend to dull down a bit in color with age, that's why that one is brownish.

Originally Posted by My4LLMA

They're cute
Thanks!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miss Priss sounds like a real character, got a photo of her and Diamond? The Crested geckos are gorgeous, and Phoebe is the first patternless leopard I've ever heard of! One of the bearded babies looks like he's missing a tail, is this normal?