Some of my other pets (reptiles, etc)

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I've never had bp eggs, but from what I've seen, their size is like that of 6 corn eggs put together :eek:

I have a few more corns coming in January, once the embargo is lifted from Air Canada.... In Canada, the only legal shipping way for reptiles is by air cargo. It's expensive, but....no other choice really.

Spider balls are pretty cool. I'm not much of a ball person myself, but there's some that are gorgeous.

What are your 3 new ones that are coming? Balls?
Yeah, the three I have coming are 2 normal females and 1 pos het clown male, all BPs. I'm getting a spider ball because a pastel and a spider makes the killerbee!

minion

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
*faints*

Your snake collection is...AMAZING!!! I'm too jealous! >.<;

I have a Columbian Boa as well, his name is Steve. I love him a lot! <3 I hope to expand my collection some day..but for now one is all I can have and it's very painful to live with only one lol

*EDIT*
Oh, I forgot to ask! What type of loaches do you have? I have two Dojo(or Weather) Loaches. They are so cute and fun to have around. My golden one will nibble on my hand whenever I put it in it's tank..lol

hypancistrus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I guess you could say, no, most reptiles do not get attached to their owners..they are incapable of that level of feeling. But they do show their preferences to different people/different situations/etc.
It's so exciting to meet other snake people!

Also wanted to weigh in on the question asked above with a little anecdote...

I use several of my snakes in outreach events in the community and in my HS science classroom. I always laugh because when I hand the snakes over to the teenagers, I have to step back slightly because if I even come close, they will try and get back to me. I don't believe that they "like me better," but I do think they know my scent, which is more familiar to them, and they do seem to enjoy familiarity.

The students, however, are always insulted by this behavior... "Doesn't it LIKE me?!"