Some GOOD news out of Australia

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Checking my news sources this morning, I found out that Australia is finally getting some rain. Unfortunately, as we've found in Colorado, rain can be a mixed blessing after fires since on ground with no plant life it tends to lead to flash floods and mud slides, and parts of Australia are getting a lot of rain right now: Storms lash some of Australia's fire-hit regions

But then I ran into this story, which made me want to cheer: Missing girl and dog found in Australia floods

Margret

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things are finally improving..good to see only a couple of fires still out of control but they are in the high country where there is no people. In my state we have had light rains over the fire areas and has given the fir fighters a chance to get an upper hand.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
It is indeed a bit of good news. I do pray all will be over. Makes me so sad to think of the many lives affected, and animals lost.

In my country there are at least 3 volcanoes still acting up, but we have to be alert on this Taal Volcano as its already at Level 4. It is one province away from where my house (my family) is located! And there have already been thousands of families evacuated, but sadly, many animals have also already perished.