Some feral trap probs

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so very very happy for you!!!! I knew you would get him!!!

I have microchipped all my cats. Since you are planning to keep him inside when you move, I would have him microchipped in case he gets out.

So relieved for you. When do you leave?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! :banana2::banana1:

Yeah, if you're crossing state lines he'd need to be up-to-date on shots so it's good they did the boosters. Be very VERY careful he doesn't escape during the trip. Like, make sure his carrier is held with zip ties (never trust just the clips for anything important!) and only open the carrier when you're in a locked room, etc. There's no chance you'd get him back if he escapes so you have to be super careful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HI ALL!

my Blackie was caught on July2, unreal as just...2 days before our flight. A MIRACLE it was as he came home from somewhere! Then on July 3rd vet said ----he was FULLY neutered back in Dec. as he only HAD one testicle thus it was removed, she thought it needed more surgery yet found out it was done in FULL in Dec. Yay!

He flew w/ me & our indoor kitty & my g/f & I on Southwest air to NC on July 4th despite rain/turbulence, lol. it was 1st flight for g/f & both cat so I was the ONLY veteran of flights! TY all & I don't have daily internet yet so bear w. me as I update as can. He has his own hardwood floor bedroom cat-proof --as it nothing in it.

I sleep on floor mat near him & he comes in n out of closet yet to eat or use litter box! he never had a box in the wild as feral. Yay he learned fast to use box n eat near me, & is 5yrs feral yet a trooper & great boy! I am soo happy for him & us! Amazing story & I need get pics on here of him & write a bk on him & us! HAHAA.

Ok, more in days to come but know he is GREAT Im great & we're thrilled we got him out of hot outdoor AZ to now WV! Bye all til then...

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you so much for the update. I am so happy that you made it back east with Blackie! Is that his name? All seems to be going so well. I am glad he did not need any more surgery. Such a wonderful story full of love!

Update when you can. Also post a picture of him sometime too.

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
he communicates in lil hisses to me n now...MUCH MUCH closer to me now. so i hiss back & he seems ok. lol

just ADDED THAT TIDBIT. lol

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you need some tip on socializing him? Here is a great video series that works with the rescue and socialization of feral kittens. I used many of the tips on socializing my feral cats. The first part of the video is the rescue, but skip ahead or keep watching for some really good tips. Tough Love Video - UrbanCatLeague

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well we hiss at one another to talk, hahaa, lol. Is this pro-gress?? hehee, he just knows me so well from 3+YRS -- yet is leery now I'm inside n so close in his room. Kinda funny. But no matter--- he is SAFE & WITH US INSIDE FOREVER I HOPE --- & THIS MAKES UP FOR THE LONG RD AHEAD SOCIALIZING THIS BIG TOUGH LOVERBOY! :)
Had to repost the ONLY pics yet I got. My flip phone, due to saving $ for cats, isn't real good w/ pics, lol. ALL my $ goes to kitties before me!

Attachments

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love seeing the pics again! I don’t waste money that could go to cat care either. We have our priorities straight! ;)
Hiss speak? Lol Well, in cat speak that is usually a way a cats says no but if it works for you, then you two have your own understanding between each other. Every cat is different, as humans are too. I know some humans who relate quite well to each other by using human versions of hissing. :lol: Whatever works for you both. If at any point he seems to want something more, do slow blinks at him. That shows a relaxed cattitude on your part. A lot of people find that soft music or sitting and reading to a cat works well during socializing. My favorite thing here was sleeping in the cat room. I woke up may times to find a cat sniffing my face!:flail:It tickles! Thank you for the update! I was wondering how you are all doing after such a long job of working to save him and get moved. You really have accomplished a lot!:clap2::clapcat:

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
TY again! yes, I too sleep in his room but we eyeball each other during the nite as I lay, so I can see him in the open hardwood floor closet & he see me. He comes out to go near the door but wary of me, to his box. Then to his water bowl opposite corner of room. Not yet has he been near me when I'm in there.

But I leave his own bedroom door open always, & it leads into master bedrooom & bath areas. He does go into master area. But we watch closely the master doorway/door to liv room/kitch areas as our girl cat knows he's in there, & this am hissed at him when that door was open & I didn't know he was in the master room. Close call but after 2.5wks, still ok as no fight, etc.

Jcat, yes been doing slow blinks for yrs outside on him. He does watch me but in closet it is harder to do it, as he hides deep & thus can't always see his eyes/head but rather just his hind or tail.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All is going well from what you describe. I agree that it is hard to get those slow blinks from his hind end or tail! Lol Turn around Blackie! :lol: