Some Advice Please!!!!

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure she would have been in heat again if wasn't preggers as heat cycle is usually every 3 weeks !!! Hahah bet you wish you could just ask her ! Are you pregnant ? Haha

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do! I HAVE asked her!! Lol She just looks at me like I'm crazy..haha. I will hopefully know for sure Monday afternoon. She really is acting different than she normally does. Weird thing though..before I left the house an hour ago I said goodbye to her and ran my hand down her back and she stuck her butt up in the air..like when she was in heat. Then she meowed and ran away from me. Driving me nuts!! Lol

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This girl has me so confused. Yesterday she was so grumpy and weird. She was fine unless I said something to her and then she would put her head down,butt up and cry..like she was in heat but nearly as dramamtic. If I ignored her she was just lying around looking grumpy. Oh and she ate very little yesterday. She appears to be back to normal this morning,playing with toys,happy and sweet. Any ideas what this was about?

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a normal, stroppy teenage cat to me no but her hormones will be all other place if preggers too

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie is like that and had never been on heat nor pregnant ! You have vets soon don't you ?

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes..Monday at 3:30! I'm coy ting the hours. I can't believe how stressed I am about this. Lol

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's just weird cause I thought ok..shes in heat so she's not pregnant. But it was only when I paid attention to her. There is so much conflicting info online so I don't know what the heck to believe.

Resa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok..I wish I could just buy her cans of gravy..she wastes so much food!!! Lol
My cats also do this with the morsels and gravy type food. I switched them to the kind that says "pate" and they eat it happily.

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She won't eat the paste . Picky girl :(

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you are over-thinking and worrying too much! ;)
Agree however I think we all do on this site cause we love our fur babies ! I worry if gracie hasn't eaten her breakfast or not had a number 2! Then I think there are people out there who put there cats outside in the morning then don't see them till late when they come back in

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know! I can't imagine just opening the door and letting her go! I miss her goodbye when I leave and tell her I'll be back soon..lol

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well she's doing it again..lol. if I talk to her she chirps a bit and the butt goes in the air. She isn't trying to escape at all. I know no one has any answers for me..i guess I am just venting..lol.

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We went to the vet today and I still don't know if she is pregnant :( She palpated and was not sure if what she felt was kittens or her colon. I told her about her acting like she was in heat for a few days when I paid attention to her but otherwise acting normal. She didn't say much about that except that pregnant cats can be hormonal. Suggested I wait 2 more weeks to be sure since I don't want to spay if pregnant. I'm just feeling frustrated because I really wanted to know one way or the other. They dont do ultrasound there and its too early for xray. Oh well..more waiting and wondering..lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think you'll know in another 2 weeks. It's a shame they did not have ultrasound.

Happy waiting! :)

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I probably wouldn't be able to afford the ultrasound anyway. I would just go ahead and get her spayed now but I am sure it would drive me crazy wondering if she was. But yes..I will surely know in 2 weeks. I found it strange that they didn't think much about her acting like she was in heat. I was really hoping for a definitive answer today.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I know you were. I still think she's pregnant. I'm waiting to find out with you! :)

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! I saw your update and thought yippee we have an update ! More waiting it seems . :flail:

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think I can take it! Lol