Some Advice Please!!!!

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well done you for getting out of a horrible DV situation, I had a mild one a few years ago and leaving was the best thing I ever did. Thank you for doing your best with your cat. great you have homes for the kittens if she has kittens. our cat is pregnant and we had been planning it but not for a few more months, she took us by surprise! I really hope everything goes well. Our cat came into heat every month for around a week, she had 4 heats before we noticed there weren't any more when we were expecting one. so it's not always every 2 weeks, I am sure every cat is different though. please post photos of her if you can xxx also I think different vets are different. our main vet charges nearly double for a spay if the cat is in heat. but the local animal rescue centre which is around 1/2 the price of them, doesn't. im sure you could call you closest vet when you are able to to ask them. best wishes with everything xx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't get her spayed until the 10th anyway so I will k ow for sure by then because that would put her at about 5 weeks along if she is pregnant. Just took a couple of pics..shes a little grumpy butt tonight and keeps looming away. She just wants to hide in her box..lolView attachment 182690

Attachments

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She was the cutest kitten! She still is but I miss her baby days. I got her at 5 weeks..she was the last of a litter and the people that had her weren't very responsible. They tried to tell me she was 8 weeks. I figured she was better off coming home with me.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sweet !! Please keep us updated ! I'm anxious to know if she is or isn't now ... The suspense....

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well we are at 21 days since I suspect she mated and I'm still not sure. Her nipples are a little more noticeable and it's weird..sometimes they look really pink and sometimes not so much. They are not all flat though. They look like pale pinkish grains of rice. She won't let me take a picture. She is feeling plump but it could just be my imagination. No signs of heat. I guess more waiting

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Not having a heat cycle is a clue. She'll be showing a rounded belly in a couple more weeks if she's pregnant.

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Attaching a photo of nipple. They are tiny but not flat anymore. They seem to change color a lot. I have a spay appointment set for the 13th. Hopefully I will k ow by then

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The photo did not load. If you do not feel certain by the 13th, then reschedule the spay.

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Even though it's only as big as a grain of rice? Lol. I guess I will just ask for an exam for she is spayed. I will keep the appointment even if I am sure by then. Wouldn't hurt to have her checked over. She has been super healthy so far

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Will the vet be able to tell by feeling her belly at 30 days? We will be at 30 days when she has her spay appointment on the 13th. I feel like she is but the suspense and wondering what to-do is so stressful

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't know. Some vets may be able to. Are you interested in an ultrasound? Or maybe you should just wait another couple of weeks.

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Probably just waiting is the best option. Most likely I'll just call the vet and see if he can just do an exam before the spay I stead of just droppomg her off

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is licking her bottom off and on the past few days..normal? She is at 25 days if pregnant. She looks plumper through the belly area and nipples are still pink. She is lying on her side much more than usual.Very sweet and lovable but she won't let me pick her. Vet appointment is changed to the 12th and I can't wait!!! I will be ok with pregnant or not pregnant. I just need to know one way or the other. Kind of obsessed