Sombra

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:clap::clap2::dance:I am so very happy for you and the beautiful Sombra:jive: How did you find her? You called her a young kitten yet mentioned she is 4 yeas old. She is a lovey little lady, I'm looking forward to seeing more of her. :heartshape: :touched:
Thank you dustydiamond. 1CatOverTheLine drew my attention to an adult cat named Morris in the "Animals Without Home" shelter here in Montevideo. When I contacted the shelter Morris had already been adopted and they proposed Sombra instead. They told me she is between 3 and a half and 4 years old which is a lot younger than I was looking for but I fell for her. Because of my age the shelter asked that a relative of mine should engage himself/herself to take over Sombra at my death. My eldest grandson Javier (married, two children, two dogs and a cat) has agreed to do so. After visiting my home and Javier's home the adoption has been approved and Sombra will be delivered to me in the course of this week. She is castrated and vaccinated. She has already given birth and arrived at the shelter with her offsprings.

Is a 4 years old cat considered adult? She looks so young to me.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you dustydiamond. 1CatOverTheLine drew my attention to an adult cat named Morris in the "Animals Without Home" shelter here in Montevideo. When I contacted the shelter Morris had already been adopted and they proposed Sombra instead. They told me she is between 3 and a half and 4 years old which is a lot younger than I was looking for but I fell for her. Because of my age the shelter asked that a relative of mine should engage himself/herself to take over Sombra at my death. My eldest grandson Javier (married, two children, two dogs and a cat) has agreed to do so. After visiting my home and Javier's home the adoption has been approved and Sombra will be delivered to me in the course of this week. She is castrated and vaccinated. She has already given birth and arrived at the shelter with her offsprings.

Is a 4 years old cat considered adult? She looks so young to me.
I had followed your and 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine quest for Morris and was heart broken for you. I am so happy you and Sombra found each other.:heartshape::itslove::touched:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to tell from a picture on a computer screen, but she looks like a blue mackerel tabby to me. Please post more pictures as you get them.
Thanks GoldyCat. It has been suggested to me that she may be a Dilute Torbie and/or a Silver Tabby. I'll be posting some further photos as soon as she has settled at home. And hopefully those will be more helpful to define her colouring.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
One thing I have remarked regarding Sombra it is that she doesn't seem to have
the letter M on her forehead. At least I cannot see it. Would this be in any way significant?
Actually I do see the M, it's just not very prominent because she doesn't have a lot of contrast in her coat. She definitely has the tabby stripes.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I do see the M, it's just not very prominent because she doesn't have a lot of contrast in her coat. She definitely has the tabby stripes.
Thank you GoldyCat but I confess that hard as I look I don't see an M on Sombra's forehead but then it is true that my eyes are not what they used to be. :blush::rolleyes2:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have just been informed that Sombra will be delivered tomorrow at 6:30 pm. I had hoped for a morning arrival to get "acquainted" with plenty of time before night time. But, well, the shelter has its rules and timings. I can't wait for her to be definitely mine and to be able to decide "the whens and hows".........

Last edited:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you mama africa and 1CatOverTheLine. I am very much looking forward to reporting on Sombra's new life with me.

1CatOverTheLine I have printed your lovely colourful welcome which will be pasted on the first page of Sombra's diary.