Solid Gold Triple Layers

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Am I behind on the times? Anyone else heard about these?

I don't like the Solid Gold wet foods, mostly because of the coconut oil but also I dislike that they advertise having a mousse which is more of a gelatin mold (it's tough, and doesn't even look anywhere near what a mousse is supposed to be. Especially if compared to Tiki Cat).

Anyway, I was browsing Chewy, as one does, and came across this in my search for mousse foods.

Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 12.02.21 PM.png

Has anyone tried these or heard anything about them?

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
These are new but look interesting. I hope they will have a fish free variety.
Also how many times have you tried the mousse? I find it to be extremely similar to tikis mousse. In fact with how similar the packaging is and how they’re both made in Thailand I’d be pressed to say they’re almost exactly alike. However I haven’t used solid gold products in maybe a year or so so maybe they’ve changed it.

Wile

Opener of cans
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't heard of it, but I personally wouldn't try this food. I'd be too worried that my cat would decide he preferred one layer's flavour/texture over the others, and would only eat that layer. I wonder how it tastes if it is all mashed together...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
These are new but look interesting. I hope they will have a fish free variety.
Also how many times have you tried the mousse? I find it to be extremely similar to tikis mousse. In fact with how similar the packaging is and how they’re both made in Thailand I’d be pressed to say they’re almost exactly alike. However I haven’t used solid gold products in maybe a year or so so maybe they’ve changed it.
I've tried it 3 times in different flavors. I've tried mashing it, adding water, and blending it. The blending does make it come out more like the mousse consistency but maybe it was just the flavor I got because my cat wouldn't try them. When they come out of the package, they honestly look like a jello salad or something of the like. When I do the Tiki Cat, I squeeze it out and Mika is up on the counter licking it up as it comes into her bowl.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lolup: Lol jello salad run amok indeed! Those colors, it looks ugly! They have small packs, and the ingredients don't look bad at first glance. Its so ugly i think i must get some on my next order for my guys to try :lol2: