Solensia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jarn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
F FeralHearts Yes I think Southbrook is near the airport. It's on Niagara Stone Road near it, anyways. We like it.

Well - our old dog Nebbers had his first shot of librela (the dog version of solensia) Saturday and he had a scary what we think is adverse reaction. Had to rush him to the vet this morning (he was moving slowly Sunday, but today - oh my - I was terrified). He's stable and slowly recovering. Poor old guy.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
F FeralHearts Yes I think Southbrook is near the airport. It's on Niagara Stone Road near it, anyways. We like it.

Well - our old dog Nebbers had his first shot of librela (the dog version of solensia) Saturday and he had a scary what we think is adverse reaction. Had to rush him to the vet this morning (he was moving slowly Sunday, but today - oh my - I was terrified). He's stable and slowly recovering. Poor old guy.
Oh, no, that is scary. I hope he recovers from that okay. :hugs:

jarn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks betsygee betsygee - I really wasn't expecting this, Timothy had no issues with solensia. Timothy's 15 in October, Neb's (our dog) technical 15th birthday is April 18th so they're a similar age but a 15 year old husky mix is probably older in human years than a 15 year old cat, so who knows how medication hits differently given that.

He's got lots of deep (in a good way I guess) sleep in today, he's getting there. I feel so guilty though. I just wanted him to be comfortable.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Glad you like it. :-)

o,O I bet you were terrified! Glad he's stable now.

Thanks betsygee betsygee - I really wasn't expecting this, Timothy had no issues with solensia. Timothy's 15 in October, Neb's (our dog) technical 15th birthday is April 18th so they're a similar age but a 15 year old husky mix is probably older in human years than a 15 year old cat, so who knows how medication hits differently given that.

He's got lots of deep (in a good way I guess) sleep in today, he's getting there. I feel so guilty though. I just wanted him to be comfortable.
*hugs* Easier said than done I'm sure - but don't feel guilty. You were doing what you felt was best for him.

The sleep will do him good. You make sure you rest too as the stress of it probably did you in as well.

jarn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
F FeralHearts I MAY have stress ate some Old Dutch salt and vinegar chips and vegan cupcakes! I will either sleep deep tonight too or be all jumpy. He's doing better and better as time goes on though, it's so heartening to see.