Sokoke

MikeoCyndyeo

In Memory of Tiger
Kitten
Purraise
Good afternoon!
Please help us. We recently lost our beloved friend a 3 1/2 year old sokoke to a terrible accident and are desparately seeking another friend in our lives

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear you have lost your friend!

Are you saying that you are looking for a Sokoke now, and need help finding one? There are very few Sokoke breeders. If you got your previous cat from a breeder, I would suggest contacting that breeder again to see if they have any recommendations for you. With a very rare breed like this, most breeders know each other and will work together. However, all breeders have had more inquiries than usual during the past year, due to people wanting "pandemic pets," so you may have to be patient and get on a long wait list.

Another excellent option would be to look for a cat or kitten through a shelter or rescue.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good Afternoon!
We hope someone can please help us. We recently lost our beloved friend a 3 1/2 year old Sokoke to a terrible accident and are desperately seeking another in our lives
I’m so sorry for your loss. 😿

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry for your loss. :(

Now, for a new one... IF it was a purebred sokoke, the easiest is to contact the breeder for advice and recommendations. As you already had one, you will probably step forward in the queue.

If your deceased beloved furry friend was really a look alike; a more common smallish classic tabby, the easiest and best will be to look into the shelters and rescuers nearby. Or even - a high kill shelter.... The cats there do know they are in the death row; and are doubly grateful for being saved...

OK, so either you will find a look alike. Or simply, you take the cat (or pair of cats) whom do connect with you. This happens quite frequently, and its usually the very best adoptions... The spontane connections. With an adult cat or a kitten....