Soft dry food for senior cats

Calicat13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have any recommendations for a soft hard dry food for senior cats that is high quality? My 14yr old cat has been on solid gold her whole life, but the kibble is too hard for her teeth :(

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
If you brush her teeth every day,try adding wate to her dry food,, stella&chewy freeze dried raw or nw naturals mixed with water. If not try to give her wet. Simply Nourish canned has small pieces of meat or ff classics turkey&giblets my cats love. She is at the age where water is very important

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Could you fed canned food instead of dry? If you have a dry food addict, try smashing the dry food into smaller pieces so your cat can basically just swallow the pieces without needing to crunch. You could try soaking a portion size of dry food in water for a couple of minutes to try to soften it up. Don't let uneaten moist dry food sit in the bowl for more than an hour or so. Bacteria quickly grows in the food. You may want to look into feeding freeze dried raw food instead. The pieces are softer than dry food and should ideally be rehydrated in water before serving.

MarleneP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Meat Mates Lamb Dinner....my girl is missing several teeth and she loves this food.
It's freeze dried, but soft and the ingredients can't be beat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Calicat13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you brush her teeth every day,try adding wate to her dry food,, stella&chewy freeze dried raw or nw naturals mixed with water. If not try to give her wet. Simply Nourish canned has small pieces of meat or ff classics turkey&giblets my cats love. She is at the age where water is very important
Just now saw this and her pet store also recommended the Stella and chewy freeze dried raw and she really likes it much easier to chew - thank you for the recommendation!