Social Cats

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a mix of friends, timid, and aloof.

Fennimore is our friendliest. If he thinks someone is even thinking about petting one of the other cats, he comes running and interjects himself. He loves attention.

Astrid (Right) is also an attention hog. She loves attention from us and anyone who visits. Her sister Estella (Left) likes attention some of the time. Mostly, she just loves my son.

Simon only likes to be pet occasionally, but he likes when people talk to him and let him sit on their laps. He lets us know when he wants pet. Now, if you have his brush, he is your best friend.

Tara and Evangeline are timid and tend to hide when people come over, but once they are used to the new person, they are very affectionate, especially Tara. She flips around and grabs hands to make the person pet her. Evangeline does not like everyone. She is also partially deaf, so she startles easily.

Tara

Evangeline

Silas is skittish around strangers still, but he wants attention.

Silas with Fennimore, his best friend

Willow is the exact opposite of her brother, Fennimore. She is friendly, but she is only friendly with family members and certain visitors. Not everyone can pet her, either.

Willow

Freya does not like attention most of the time, except when that attention is from my daughter. My daughter found her about three years ago. It was only this past year that she has warmed up to anyone other than my daughter. She lets us pet her sometimes and actually seeks out my husband every once in a while. She was a feral baby. (Fennimore and Willow were as well.)

Freya

Lisannez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have two cats, the tuxie Makulu is very social. She walks right up to any person that comes into our house to say hello. There have only ever been a few people she did not like which makes me wonder about those people not her :). She hates other cats though. Her sister Mfaan takes a bit longer to warm up to people. She also does not like anyone that has a long coat on and favors women to men. But give her a few hours and she will be rubbing against your legs. We know that as a kitten she was left on the side of the road in a trash bag, which is horrible, but I think that makes her a bit more skittish.

Frank123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not very sociable at all. Cali is a very timid cat. It took her nearly two weeks just to completely warm up to me.
For people who frequently come to the house it depends on what mood she's in. Sometimes she'll cautiously approach and let the person pet her a bit, other times she'll run and hide. If she is sitting on her tree, window perch, or couch, sometimes she'll sit still as she lets the person approach and pet her, other times she'll take off as so as she she's someone approaching.
Total strangers are another matter altogether. If a stranger such as a service person comes into the house, she'll make a mad dash and head under the bed.
Sometimes just hearing the doorbell will send her scurrying.