soapy water concerns (trying to install UV film on windows)

lemcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is the direction to installing UV films. It says to put the UV film on a table and then spray it with soapy water. It says dishwasher soap. Another video I watched said baby shampoo would work as well, I think. However I'm not sure if I can put that on the table, as I have a lot of things occupying the real estate of the table and it would take a lot of time taking off everything off the table and putting them back when we are done. So I was thinking of putting the film on the carpet floor, but in that case when we spray the soapy water on the film, some of it might get on the carpet, and perhaps that might be bad for the cat to have to smell that.

Would baby shampoo be much safer to use than dishwasher soap?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Do you have a couple of sheets (using just one might not provide enough thickness to keep the overspray from getting through to the carpet), or an old blanket you can put down on the floor, than put the UV film on those?

Or use the bathtub...

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It’s fine. Cats can be near the smell of soap. Just put the cat in another room while you do it and let him out after.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I used dish soap (Dawn) when I put mine up. And I spread newspapers on the floor and put the film on those. My floors always have cat hair on them, and I didn’t want to get cat hair all over the film and then squeegee the hair between the film and the window!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lemcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
an old blanket sounds like a good idea. Thanks!