So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Am doing roast beef today. They had eye of the round on special this pasted week so I pick up a couple of really nice pieces of that. I am slow roasting them with potato's, carrots, and savory cabbage. I am going to make several individual dinners from it for freezing, and throw together some yorkshire pudding to have with for dinner tonight.
Sounds good

We haven't had a rotisserie chicken for a while. I have some other shopping to do on the way home, so I'll pick one up. Nice easy dinner and lots of useful leftovers. I'll do a few fries and some coleslaw to go with it. Mango and/or blueberries for dessert.

kimberleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cheesy baked vegetable orzo and corn on the cob for dinner. I made a strawberry rhubarb crisp for dessert that we will dig into soon.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

We haven't had a rotisserie chicken for a while. I have some other shopping to do on the way home, so I'll pick one up. Nice easy dinner and lots of useful leftovers. I'll do a few fries and some coleslaw to go with it. Mango and/or blueberries for dessert.
Yes, well, so much for our "chickie". I'm only disappointed because I had some plans forming for the leftovers. What got substituted was more than satisfactory.

We had been threatening to check out a newish restaurant not far away, and a friend suggested we do it tonight. So we did. Rob's salmon was lovely. My crispy duck leg confit was divine. And I'm going to have a very difficult job in future with the dessert menu, because I cannot imagine not repeating the cardamom and lemon infused dark chocolate torte with chantilly cream. TO. DIE. FOR.

So now I'm going to have to think some more about tomorrow. Gee. Life is tough all over.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It chicken for me today. I have 2 chickens I am going to roast with all the trimmings. Those I am going to make for quick dinners. I also have some loose pieces I am going to throw in the crock-pot and make chicken and dumplings on later this afternoon. I love chicken and dumplings with just a hint of sage. I haven't had them in ages so this is going to be a real taste treat.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lot's of chicken and broth left-over from my chicken and dumplings yesterday so am going to strain it all, chop up the left-over chicken, add a bag of frozen vegetables add a little corn starch, a top crust and make Chicken Pot Pie for dinner. That with a little garden salad, and fresh fruit for dessert.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night was chicken quesedillas. Good stuff. Tonight, veal I hope. The kids are away, so we can get a fix. I hope there's some decent scallopini slices in the market.

Veal Tarragon over whatever fresh pasta appeals, accompanied by a little butter lettuce salad with Granny Smith apple, a few nuts and raspberry vinaigrette. And for dessert, the Tiramisu we didn't have whenever that was.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The veal sounds good. One of our daughter's favourite recipes is Veal Pizziola made with veal scallopini. She usually asks for that or my spaghetti and meat balls for her birthday dinner every years since she was little.

My neighbour brought me over some of the herbs from her garden last evening. Rosemary, Thyme, Italian Parsley and Dill.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fran that restaurant meal sounds divine!

Heather, love the Facebook photo! It did look really good, and it would've tasted all the better for having created it yourself.

Tonight I'm grilling some lamb chops and I'll make some roast potatoes and steamed veges to go with it. I may feel like baking some foccacia too.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Fran that restaurant meal sounds divine!
It most surely was. Better yet, this is not a fancy restaurant we're talking about. It's a neighbourhood thing, friendly service, 50 (I think) Belgian beers, a small but decent wine list and awesome food -- and it doesn't break the bank. We will for sure be going back. Stella's.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

OMG - double chocolate banana bread pudding.
Yeah, I know. It was tempting, but would have been too heavy that night. The torte was not too heavy, though, and absolutely divine.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A fiesta tortilla (basically a whole wheat tortilla with spicy peppers baked in)
smoked salmon, spinach, and cucumber with sprouts and other veg
all rolled up to make a wrap of sorts.
Apples and yogurt for dessert.
Craving salt and vinegar chips or crisps depending on where you live
But I won't give in to it.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im thinking....bagel bites or noodle soup!
No real cooking for me tonight, I made a really good pasta dish last night (grilled chicken, pesto), but ate it all between then and lunch today. Something quick and as a result very high sodium
but its just me and I wont get in until late

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just left-overs for me tonight. I have chicken, some potato's to make potato salad from and a bunch of steamed vegetables (brocolli, boc choy, carrotts, celery, and asparagus) I will stir-fry with a bit of oyster sauce..

Frozen yogurt for dessert.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fran, Stella's sounds beyond awesome. Now I have two places top of my list to go to when I visit BC: your house and Stellas!

Last night's dinner was yummy, and Pushkin got to chew the leftover lamb bone, so he enjoyed it too. Tonight I'm planning to take DH out to Swiss Chalet for some excitement.
We have a gift card.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, we did have linguini with the veal last night, but I find myself leaning toward pasta of some sort for tonight. Probably ravioli, probably pesto, probably green beans, maybe some chicken. I'm still pretty full from brunch, so "thinking dinner" is kind of sluggish at the moment.

And then there was the popup from Rob a moment ago, suggesting we see G-Force tonight -- that might have some effect on what we do about dinner.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Steamed haddock, corn on the cob and salt potatoes. There should be thick slabs of warm sliced tomato straight from the garden, but we had tomato blight here this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.