So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow! Everyone is eating so light and healthy. Mine just sounds naughty. Tri-tip roast started in the BBQ and finished in the oven, with macaroni and cheese and broccoli.

Dessert will probably be a bowl of cereal, we never eat cereal for breakfast, only dessert. Weird huh?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by badgeygirl

Wow! Everyone is eating so light and healthy. Mine just sounds naughty. Tri-tip roast started in the BBQ and finished in the oven, with macaroni and cheese and broccoli.

Dessert will probably be a bowl of cereal, we never eat cereal for breakfast, only dessert. Weird huh?
Oooh, I like naughty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother dropped off some onions, tomato's and peppers from his garden this morning so I am going to make a few jars of salsa today.

That means of course something Mexican for dinner tonight. I am thinking tacos with lots of lettuce, tomato, cheese and guacamole.

I also have this great recipe for a Mexican 3 bean salad that I may try as well.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For breakfast I had a all white omelet w/swiss on ww toast, milk with ovaltine, and OJ
; for lunch I haven't decided, but probably chicken with rice and beans, for dinner it will be broiled tilapia with rice and brocoli - and........... desert............ nido with cerelac
my FAVORITE

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Strip Loins on the BBQ with baby potatoes and broccoli. Peaches for dessert (again). The man bought a peck of them last Saturday so we'll be eating peaches for awhile.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
shrimp fajitas with lots of grilled veggies, black beans, and guac

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made chili last night from a weight watcher's cookbook and it was really good! Going to finish it up tonight!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There was a point when I thought I might BBQ some liver, but it's not looking like BBQ weather, and I'm not really in the mood for liver and its usual accompaniments. (Good thing I did not tip that hand to The Boy, because he would be disappointed if I didn't go ahead.) Anyway...So I think it's going to be sausages, panfried nugget potatoes and scarlet runner beans. Dunno what for dessert.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
I finally successfully made a pizza with fresh dough (had always used those premade shells before) this afternoon and most of it is left after the bit I had for lunch and since I can eat pizza til it comes out my ears, we're gonna re-heat and finish it up with a salad... I'm SO happy I got it to work correctly! I was so disappointed when my buddy and I couldn't get the dough from the peel to the stone this weekend and had to scrap the whole idea, but I kept the rest of the unused dough and supplies and played with it today and got it right! It's really tasty too!

The public pic on FB:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...943&id=9317847

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

There was a point when I thought I might BBQ some liver, but it's not looking like BBQ weather, and I'm not really in the mood for liver and its usual accompaniments. (Good thing I did not tip that hand to The Boy, because he would be disappointed if I didn't go ahead.) Anyway...So I think it's going to be sausages, panfried nugget potatoes and scarlet runner beans. Dunno what for dessert.
Fran, are you able to get Provimi liver where you are. I was out to my friend's golf club on Saturday night and it was on the menu - of course I had to order it. Fantastic! Unfortunately, unless I go downtown Toronto to the St. Lawrence market I cannot buy it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Fran, are you able to get Provimi liver where you are. I was out to my friend's golf club on Saturday night and it was on the menu - of course I had to order it. Fantastic! Unfortunately, unless I go downtown Toronto to the St. Lawrence market I cannot buy it.
I don't recall seeing it on a menu, so perhaps it's not available locally. I know you've mentioned it before with great relish, so I'd be ordering it, if I saw it. Perhaps some of the specialty butchers would carry it -- I must check.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eating casual and totally non-healthy tonight---chili dogs and fries. Yum!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We copped out - no steaks tonight - tomorrow instead. I had a COPD clinic to go to and hubby had a hair cutting appointment so we'll each grab whatever we like. He'll probably have some of that nasty smelling melted cheese on bread and I'm going to make myself some oatmeal porridge with ice cream for dessert.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Am doing roast beef today. They had eye of the round on special this pasted week so I pick up a couple of really nice pieces of that. I am slow roasting them with potato's, carrots, and savory cabbage. I am going to make several individual dinners from it for freezing, and throw together some yorkshire pudding to have with for dinner tonight.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Am doing roast beef today. They had eye of the round on special this pasted week so I pick up a couple of really nice pieces of that. I am slow roasting them with potato's, carrots, and savory cabbage. I am going to make several individual dinners from it for freezing, and throw together some yorkshire pudding to have with for dinner tonight.
Sounds very yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.