Status
Not open for further replies.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

craisin and beet topping
hm, that sounds intriguing. i like beets, i like brussels sprouts. never tried a craisin (but i have seen them in supermarkets i believe)

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cop out night. Risotto out of a box -- it's very good, but still... And sauteed prawns. It was fine.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Cop out night. Risotto out of a box -- it's very good, but still... And sauteed prawns. It was fine.
heh, for some people that's sorta gourmet

Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

spicy wedges,
wedges of ... what may I ask?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

its wedges of potato coated in different spices, you eat them with sour cream
very popular in Australia and NZ

we are going away on wednesday so i am tossing some pasta with broccoli, a tomato, olives and parmesan cheese!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

its wedges of potato coated in different spices, you eat them with sour cream
very popular in Australia and NZ

we are going away on wednesday so i am tossing some pasta with broccoli, a tomato, olives and parmesan cheese!

Yup - these are the ones I had.

http://www.foodtown.co.nz/wedges_pot...cain_99281.htm

My favourite!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lasagna and Salad for me this evening, and garlic bread of course.

I am doing some cooking for the freezer this afternoon. My supply of quick meals is getting low so I am going to make a vegetarian(with lots of zucchini) and a meat lasagna to portion and freeze.

I was also thinking if I had time I would do some stuffed pasta shells as well, I have a really yummy recipe with ground beef, rice, peppers, and ricotta cheese in a blush sauce.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are "counter fruits" (avocado and mango, in particular) getting pretty ripe. I'll decide later that to do with them. I have a lovely avocado mango and tomato salad with feta that we haven't had for a while. I may do that along with something beef, maybe souvlaki. Or I might do a salad plate with stuffed avocado and then use the mango for dessert. I guess it'll depend to some extent on how warm it gets.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night was pasta with Italian sausage, zucchini, red bell pepper, grape tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil and a bit of italian seasoning. Fresh parmesan cheese grated on top. It was quite yummy

Tonight will just be a green salad. Grilled chicken on top if I feel ambitious. Probably not though

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Like the lasagna idea a lot - mmmmmm, and also your ideas of course Fran.

John did a chicken on the spit yesterday, as I already mentioned so tonight he wants to have the fajitas again. I guess I'll have to stop on the way home and get some hummus, onions and mushrooms since I don't have any of those already at home. I don't mind - I can pick up a tub of Haagen Daas at the same time.
He bought 3 or 4 baskets of Red Haven peaches at the Farmer's Market on Saturday so I'm guessing it's peaches and whipped cream (or just whipping cream without the beating
) for dessert.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

hm, that sounds intriguing. i like beets, i like brussels sprouts. never tried a craisin (but i have seen them in supermarkets i believe)
I add craisins to any green salad along with pine nuts, and any other nuts we have around.

kimberleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm going grocery shopping right away to pick up somethings for dinner. I'm going to roast off a whole chicken that will be stuffed/slathered with rosemary, sage, lemon wedges, garlic cloves and butter. I'm going to make a DELICIOUS black bean salad made with corn, peppers, avacado, jalapenos and lime juice as the side.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kimberleigh

I'm going grocery shopping right away to pick up somethings for dinner. I'm going to roast off a whole chicken that will be stuffed/slathered with rosemary, sage, lemon wedges, garlic cloves and butter. I'm going to make a DELICIOUS black bean salad made with corn, peppers, avacado, jalapenos and lime juice as the side.
Oh yeah! Winner!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kimberleigh

haha Yay! I'm very excited to make it, I haven't made that black bean salad in awhile. Even DH, whom is not a huge veggie eater, enjoys it.
The Cat Site has a recipe book we did to raise money a couple years ago and of course we all contributed some lovely recipes. We love to share our special recipes - hint, hint, nudge, nudge.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Lasagna and Salad for me this evening, and garlic bread of course.

I am doing some cooking for the freezer this afternoon. My supply of quick meals is getting low so I am going to make a vegetarian(with lots of zucchini) and a meat lasagna to portion and freeze.

I was also thinking if I had time I would do some stuffed pasta shells as well, I have a really yummy recipe with ground beef, rice, peppers, and ricotta cheese in a blush sauce.
So I got all my items prepared for the freezer and have decided I most definitely have to have a sample of each for dinner. So I have a plate with 1/2 portion of meaty lasagna, 1/2 portion of veggie lasagna and a nice pasta shell stuffed with a yummy filling waiting for me. A little garden salad to go along with it but am skipping the garlic bread so I will be able to get up from the table afterwards.
The pasta shells smell really wonderful mainly because I also added some shredded Parmesan into the mixture.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

So I got all my items prepared for the freezer and have decided I most definitely have to have a sample of each for dinner. So I have a plate with 1/2 portion of meaty lasagna, 1/2 portion of veggie lasagna and a nice pasta shell stuffed with a yummy filling waiting for me. A little garden salad to go along with it but am skipping the garlic bread so I will be able to get up from the table afterwards.
The pasta shells smell really wonderful mainly because I also added some shredded Parmesan into the mixture.
Now that all truly sounds wonderful. You most definitely need to sample each one before freezing - what is one of them wasn't good and you went ahead and froze it, only to find out when you thawed it that it was no good.

Enjoy!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I made a very yummy quiche last night with bacon, spinach and ricotta. DH enjoyed it so much, it ate most of it, even though real men don't eat quiche.
Tonight we had it's leftovers.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That quiche sounds good Wendy!

I just hot dog buns for lunch - frankfurters, coleslaw, fried onions, wholegrain mustard, colby cheese and a little tiny dot of tomato sauce (all that was left!). Yum I'm just deciding now whether to have a frank furter or to squeeze Sophie's abcess. Hope you don't read that before you eat dinner.

For tea tonight will be a burger for work. I'm packing on the pounds but who can turn down free food? *shrugs*

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

There are "counter fruits" (avocado and mango, in particular) getting pretty ripe. I'll decide later what to do with them. I have a lovely avocado mango and tomato salad with feta that we haven't had for a while. I may do that along with something beef, maybe souvlaki. Or I might do a salad plate with stuffed avocado and then use the mango for dessert. I guess it'll depend to some extent on how warm it gets.
...and what kind of day the cook has.

Happy Hour has taken the edge off, but the cook still doesn't feel like much effort, and certainly no cooking. Besides, just ask Cindy, it IS warm. So, we're doin' a salad plate: the lightly dressed house greens, with a few cherry tomatoes -- there were going to be a few croutons, too, but we ate them at Happy Hour
-- and an avocado stuffed with salmon (canned) salad. The mango will probably fill some crepes for dessert -- never fear, that does not entail the production of the crepes -- one of my recent discoveries is frozen Breton Crepes that only need a few seconds zap in the microwave to be warm and lovely and ready to accept whatever filling you want to put in them. Dead easy dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.