So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Panfried mahi mahi with sweet potato oven fries, zuccini and tomatoes, and steamed carrots. And cat hair, the obligatory accessory here.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Something that incorporates chicken -- which we haven't had for a couple of weeks -- and pesto -- of which I made a whole bunch yesterday -- and maybe green beans -- since they are coming on again -- and not pasta -- which we had last night.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just simple and easy tonight. FH didn't think he'd be home until late (which he still isn't home) so we decided on hot dogs, french fries, and a salad.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Something that incorporates chicken -- which we haven't had for a couple of weeks -- and pesto -- of which I made a whole bunch yesterday -- and maybe green beans -- since they are coming on again -- and not pasta -- which we had last night.
The chicken got sauteed. The beans -- not too many yet -- got steamed. A few new potatoes got boiled. They all got tossed with pesto and piled on the house lightly dressed greens and cherry tomatoes. It was quite successful. I was instructed "You can do THAT again!" We finished the meal off with a few squares of Lindt Orange Intense and another couple of mouthfuls of wine.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Panfried mahi mahi with sweet potato oven fries, zuccini and tomatoes, and steamed carrots. And cat hair, the obligatory accessory here.
Sounds good Wendy. I don't even mind the cat hair.

The chicken got sauteed. The beans -- not too many yet -- got steamed. A few new potatoes got boiled. They all got tossed with pesto and piled on the house lightly dressed greens and cherry tomatoes. It was quite successful. I was instructed "You can do THAT again!" We finished the meal off with a few squares of Lindt Orange Intense and another couple of mouthfuls of wine.
Fran, I really, really, NEED to visit you for gastronomic pleasure as well as good company.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had popcorn -on the couch with my book- for supper the last two nights. I'm on vacation so don't need to worry about eating right and having energy the next day....is my excuse

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Fran, I really, really, NEED to visit you for gastronomic pleasure as well as good company.
I'm coming too!

I always feel somewhat abashed after reading about the efforts people put into dinner when I only do that once or twice a week. Tonight was Indian from a box and rice. Washed down with St Ambroise apricot ale which DH's work buddy bought back from Quebec. The beer was definitely the highlight of the meal.

kimberleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Whole wheat pasta with homemade tomato sauce made with garlic, fresh basil, white wine and tuna. Spring mix salad with cherry tomatoes on the side.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got hubby to pick up some tortilla shells on his way home, meanwhile I fried up some onions and mushrooms, chopped some of our tomatoes from the garden and cut the leftover BBQ'd chicken from Sunday into strips and with a three cheese mix of grated cheese over the top, rolled up and mmmmm, mmmmmm good. Hubby made an extra to take to work with him tomorrow.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm coming too!

I always feel somewhat abashed after reading about the efforts people put into dinner when I only do that once or twice a week. Tonight was Indian from a box and rice. Washed down with St Ambroise apricot ale which DH's work buddy bought back from Quebec. The beer was definitely the highlight of the meal.
Oooh, I always like the sound of the things you put together Wendy. They sound good to me.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Restaurant dinner:

DH: bbq chicken sandwich
DD: kids meal of grilled cheese and fries
ME: fettucine with chicken and mushrooms (couldn't finish it)

everything was oh so yummy.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm coming too!

But, Wendy, "Indian from a box" can be very tasty, and I'm the last person to poo-poo a box if it's decent. Yeah, I want to be able to pronounce everything on the ingredients list and have most of it on hand most of the time, but beyond that, convenience does matter. The beer sounds pretty nice, too.

Originally Posted by Yosemite

I got hubby to pick up some tortilla shells on his way home, meanwhile I fried up some onions and mushrooms, chopped some of our tomatoes from the garden and cut the leftover BBQ'd chicken from Sunday into strips and with a three cheese mix of grated cheese over the top, rolled up and mmmmm, mmmmmm good. Hubby made an extra to take to work with him tomorrow.
Those are some serious yums, too.

I made some ham and cheese rolls on Sunday. We had them for lunch yesterday, and will again tomorrow. Tonight we'll have them with a good dose of salad -- greens, avocado, cherry toms. Easy, easy dinner tonight.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

But, Wendy, "Indian from a box" can be very tasty, and I'm the last person to poo-poo a box if it's decent. Yeah, I want to be able to pronounce everything on the ingredients list and have most of it on hand most of the time, but beyond that, convenience does matter. The beer sounds pretty nice, too.

Those are some serious yums, too.

I made some ham and cheese rolls on Sunday. We had them for lunch yesterday, and will again tomorrow. Tonight we'll have them with a good dose of salad -- greens, avocado, cherry toms. Easy, easy dinner tonight.
We got some little yellow "cherry" tomatoes at the market a couple weeks ago and I didn't get the name. They were absolutely wonderful tasting little beggers. They only had them the one week - pity! I'm more partial to the grape tomatoes than the cherry tomatoes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am making spaghetti tonight, I just put the ingredients for the sauce in my crockpot to slow cook for awhile. I am going to have a garden salad and garlic bread as well

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

I am making spaghetti tonight, I just put the ingredients for the sauce in my crockpot to slow cook for awhile. I am going to have a garden salad and garlic bread as well
You are another one who makes me drool!

Status
Not open for further replies.