So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leftover lasagne - I am in class til 9 tonight and so will be taking that to heat up at school.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A veggie wrap for me tonight with peppers, onions, lettuce, tomato, lots of cheese, salsa and quacomole. For dessert some watermelon, cantolope and honeydew slices...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At our local meat shop I picked up these little meat rolls and inside was ham and cheese. I baked them and had baby potatoes and fresh green beans with new tomato slices. Very tasty.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

At our local meat shop I picked up these little meat rolls and inside was ham and cheese. I baked them and had baby potatoes and fresh green beans with new tomato slices. Very tasty.
Hmmmm that sound really good. I have been doing a veggie and fruit detox for a couple of weeks and it is getting close to the the time when I will be eating meat again.

I had dreams about a nice thick sirloin steak lastnight....

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

A veggie wrap for me tonight with peppers, onions, lettuce, tomato, lots of cheese, salsa and quacomole. For dessert some watermelon, cantolope and honeydew slices...
Originally Posted by Yosemite

TWO yums! But I'm looking forward to our stuffed avocado -- the boy has opted for salmon. And there were gorgeous mangos, too.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yummmmm...... Beef with lots of sauteed onions and garlic. mashed potatoes and sauteed vegetables........ yummmy.....

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's another Toad night. A good friend of ours is having a birthday today. The major celebration event that was to be Friday has had to be postponed, so we told him he had to come for dinner tonight, and over "oh you don't have to do that -- it's a work night" protestations I said I'd keep it simple. I also know he likes toad and doesn't get the Momma Comfort Foods often. So, Toad it is, with beans from the garden and lots of onion gravy, and I'll pick up a Tiramisu for dessert. Another of his favourites.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No idea as of yet..... Something simple and easy though. I'm not feeling too energetic today.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ben graduates from 8th grade at 4 pm. So, I am making pillow dogs for him (pigs in a blanket), one of his favorites. For Jen, DH and me, I am making a melon, fig, aruggula and prosciutto salad with some nice bread.

srrh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tonight I'll probably make stuffed mushrooms. Last night was crab cakes and broccoli & cheese soup. I used a recipe I got from the internet for the soup, and was somewhat disappointed.. does anyone have a good one?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just about managing to keep up with the tomato harvest, so today we had spaghetti and meatballs, and tomorrow will be the leftovers.

I think I'm going to be spending half the weekend making spaghetti sauce and freezing it.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow you are soooo much more ambtious than I am..BF and I ordered Dominoes for dinner due to the fact that him and his cousin are working till the wee hours trying to get their race car ready for the drag strips on Friday night...They ordered parts yesterday and they were wrong...soooo I lucked out and didnt have to cook tonight!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After 18 days on a veggie and fruit detox diet I am adding fish back into the mix this evening.
Picked up some wonderful tuna steaks at the grocery store which I am going to have with a nice fresh dill sauce and some baby greens, cucumber and avocado salad. I just put it into the oven to broil and it should be done in about 1/2 hour...

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

After 18 days on a veggie and fruit detox diet I am adding fish back into the mix this evening.
Picked up some wonderful tuna steaks at the grocery store which I am going to have with a nice fresh dill sauce and some baby greens, cucumber and avocado salad. I just put it into the oven to broil and it should be done in about 1/2 hour...
Just had to come back and say the tuna was fantastic.......the sauce was incredible...after the veggie lifestyle for almost 3 weeks adding the fish made for some good eating....

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mmm, I bet it did Tierre!

Feeling guilty about the meal I had last night (smoked sausage, corn and packaged soup) I made an awesome salad today. All veges fresh from the market and a tomato from my "garden"! Yummy!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think we're due for some Shish'n'Fips. I'll do a little coleslaw to go along with it.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been on a cooking marathon for two days.

Yesterday was 4 batches of basil pesto (for the freezer), guacamole, salsa, and chicken fajitas.

Today was LOTS of stuffed quahogs and chowder. Some of that will be destined for the freezer as well. Aaron had steamed quahogs tonight in addition to the chowder and stuffies.

I may pick blueberries tomorrow, so that may mean baking cakes and muffins.

Status
Not open for further replies.