So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stirfry tonight. Beef and whatever veg come to hand, Thai Garlic Black Bean sauce, Jasmine Rice.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby is stinking the kitchen up...It does smell good tho. I chopped a pepper for him. You go my dude!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The haddock and potatoes left over from last night. salad (with lettuce from the garden) instead of corn

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I got more quahogs from my uncle so last night I made a quahog boil with quahogs, chourico, potatoes, onions, sausage, corn and shrimp. Leftovers today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fish for me tonight, baked cod with a crunchy coating and foil roasted potatos.
For dessert some frozen peach yogurt.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by binkyhoo

Hubby is stinking the kitchen up...It does smell good tho. I chopped a pepper for him. You go my dude!
I hope you took it easy after that!

Yesterday we ate a winery and had a fabulous gourmet meal. I had a pizza with smoked duck breast, smelly cheese and Shiraz braised red onions.
So good!!

Tonight I'm making a three course dinner because I haven't done that in a while.
I'm making: a salad of tri-colour tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella and baby spinach; roast chicken with roast potatoes, yams and parsnips, and steamed carrots and green beans; and tiramisu. And I'll bake a loaf of foccacia too.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds like a very nice way to spend the day, Nat! You'll be too relaxed to cook - pick something up on the way home.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

No idea...something easy because we are going for a couples massage and will be home around dinner time.
How nice. I would not want McDonalds after that. A nice resturant.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I hope you took it easy after that!

Yesterday we ate a winery and had a fabulous gourmet meal. I had a pizza with smoked duck breast, smelly cheese and Shiraz braised red onions.
So good!!
That sounds like a serious YUM
Those wineries do it up brown where the menu is concerned.

Originally Posted by pushylady

Tonight I'm making a three course dinner because I haven't done that in a while.
I'm making: a salad of tri-colour tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella and baby spinach; roast chicken with roast potatoes, yams and parsnips, and steamed carrots and green beans; and tiramisu. And I'll bake a loaf of foccacia too.
More serious YUMs! Can I come?

Today I have the challenge of two mountains from the garden: beans and basil.

Even though we've had pasta more often than usual in the last week, I think I'm going to do it again -- this time sacchettini with chicken and bacon filling (I do love the Olivieri fresh pastas), and the house tomato and basil sauce with green beans added. That's nice for a change.

That will still leave lots of beans, though, and a ton more coming, and plenty of basil for pesto.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went out for Chinese tonight. I had ANTS CLIMBING A TREE. LOL. What that is is Fried Noodles, Shitake Mushrooms (they're the ants), onions, beef and red and green peppers. For dessert I had Fried Red Bean Ice Cream. Both dishes were delicious! YUM!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bowl of granola cereal with blueberries added and a pot of popcorn. Sigh.....

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Even though we've had pasta more often than usual in the last week, I think I'm going to do it again -- this time sacchettini with chicken and bacon filling (I do love the Olivieri fresh pastas), and the house tomato and basil sauce with green beans added. That's nice for a change.

That will still leave lots of beans, though, and a ton more coming, and plenty of basil for pesto.
I love pasta with the fresh tomato and basil sauce with either green beans or broccoli. Mmmmm, yummy.

I have no idea - hubby is on vacation this week and I'm working so we'll see if he has BBQ'd or not. I know he wants me to make 2 cherry and 1 blueberry pie tonight, so I don't plan on cooking a big dinner. I do, however, have a lovely eye of the round roast in the refrigerator that I may cook tonight for tomorrow's dinner since I'll have the oven on anyway. We're testing out the new convection oven on our new stove. I've never cooked in a convection oven before so this is an experiment tonight with the pies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I love pasta with the fresh tomato and basil sauce with either green beans or broccoli. Mmmmm, yummy.

I have no idea - hubby is on vacation this week and I'm working so we'll see if he has BBQ'd or not. I know he wants me to make 2 cherry and 1 blueberry pie tonight, so I don't plan on cooking a big dinner. I do, however, have a lovely eye of the round roast in the refrigerator that I may cook tonight for tomorrow's dinner since I'll have the oven on anyway. We're testing out the new convection oven on our new stove. I've never cooked in a convection oven before so this is an experiment tonight with the pies.
I'll be interested to hear your comments, Linda. I haven't ever cooked in a convection oven, either, and have wondered what the benefits might be.

As for dinner tonight, I have a mountain of concord grapes that a colleague was sharing from her garden, and am going to try my hand at grape jelly, so I think dinner is going to be pretty simple. I may even cop out and order pizza (which is only a cop out to the extent that I don't do the cooking, since the pizza is pretty darned fine).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is going to be a light dinner.
Cheese, crackers, smoked salmon and some raw veggies with onion dip. For dessert, vanilla yogurt with dried cherries in it.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
leftovers, and lots of them from the feast I cooked yesterday! Shame I have to go out soon to meet a client or else I could've enjoyed some of the local wine we bought on the weekend. Oh well, I have tiramisu to look forward to when I come home!

Linda, I'd like to hear how the pies turn out in your new oven. I've never had a convection one either.

Status
Not open for further replies.