So What's On the Menu Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I made a bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, mashed taters & gravy, and corn. The tenderloin was SOOOOOOOO good, there was hardly any leftovers.

Tonight I'm making tacos. DH forgot to buy lettuce so we'll have to do without as I don't feel like driving 6 miles to the store!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And it turned out to be another comfort food night. From the water came a can of salmon. It went into good old salmon goulash. Haven't had that for a while, but it sure hit the spot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I am doing roast chicken with all the trimmings. Been working all week so it's time for a nice sit down dinner.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just had a burger from work for tea last night but I finish work at 9pm tonight so I might cook something up.
it's 2.30AM so I've got lots of time to think about it!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got takeout Mexican...a little celebration! I have major yummy enchilladas, shredded beef. DH has some kind of enchillada containing shrimp.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight we are going to our bowling "banquet". Very disappointed its a pot luck this year instead of Gilligan's. We've had enough bowling league pot lucks this year! I'm baking mini cookies when I get home, and dinner will be whatever everyone else brings I guess, though it doesnt sound like we're going to have anything but snacks ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's going to beef for me tonight as well. Stopped by the grocery store to grab a few things and couldn't resist picking up a nice thick sirloin steak they were featuring as a weekly special.

I am going to pan fry it, with some mushrooms and zucchini, and have a garden salad on the side...

I also found a nice ripe mango for dessert...
My stomach is growling just thinking about it.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just going to do up some Shake'n Bake chicken thighs. I also bought some baby potatoes with the idea of making lemon roasted potatoes, but I don't know if I'm feeling up to that. May just bake them on the same pan as the chicken. Probably fresh pineapple for dessert.

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Baked salmon with roasted vegetables. A portion of roasted veggies will also be tossed in pasta as side dish. Roasting is the only other way besides stew DH will eat veggies.

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pan seared duck breast with mashed Peruvian purple potatoes and asparagus. The duck breast is cooked rare. Mmmmmmmmmmm

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
T-bone steaks on the grill here, with a side of portobello mushrooms and corn on the cob. And the great thing - DH is making it all (I'm taking advantage of my birthday week).

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The beef is filet mignon, just pan seared -- the BBQ has not been woken up yet. Mushroom caps, asparagus, nugget potatoes with butter and garlic chives. Blueberry crisp for dessert with choice of ice cream, whipped cream, yogurt or
naked
I rather imagine the orange brandy will be on duty, too. The object is dead simple but lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.