So What Do You Think?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd almost go with more Siberian than Maine Coon- because he has that rounder face and body than a Maine Coon. He might have some Maine Coon in him as well, though. Manny is really cute!
I just went and searched Siberians and I think you have a good point. The smaller ears and spacing, the shorter rounder body and head size is what I questioned. His mane is no where near grown out from the shave. It covers his whole chest and on the side of his head it gets really long and sticks out almost like a handle bar mustache. He weighs 18lbs at 2 years old ( estimated age ). Article at CFA site says they grow for 5 years. I think he may have some Maine Coon but, now I'm thinking more Siberian too. I may have a DNA test done. Good call Abyeb!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sabian sabian - I agree with abyeb abyeb - not simply the facial conformation, but the whole body posture as well. Maine Coons - as often as not - stretch forward when supine, and often cross their front legs; this is a Siberian or Norwegian Forest Cat posture - completely relaxed and at ease, without so much as a care in the world. They also effect that, "so what?" countenance which Manny has clearly perfected. Compare photos of @boris diamond 's late - but positively stunning - Boris, and you'll see that same look.

I see that @mightyboosh has already "Purraised" your initial post - and we all know why, don't we?

Manny really belongs on the Big Breeds thread:

The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here!

He's just glorious!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I just went and searched Siberians and I think you have a good point. The smaller ears and spacing, the shorter rounder body and head size is what I questioned. His mane is no where near grown out from the shave. It covers his whole chest and on the side of his head it gets really long and sticks out almost like a handle bar mustache. He weighs 18lbs at 2 years old ( estimated age ). Article at CFA site says they grow for 5 years. I think he may have some Maine Coon but, now I'm thinking more Siberian too. I may have a DNA test done. Good call Abyeb!
YES! You should definitely post him in The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here! Thread!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
sabian sabian - I agree with abyeb abyeb - not simply the facial conformation, but the whole body posture as well. Maine Coons - as often as not - stretch forward when supine, and often cross their front legs; this is a Siberian or Norwegian Forest Cat posture - completely relaxed and at ease, without so much as a care in the world. They also effect that, "so what?" countenance which Manny has clearly perfected. Compare photos of @boris diamond 's late - but positively stunning - Boris, and you'll see that same look.

I see that @mightyboosh has already "Purraised" your initial post - and we all know why, don't we?

Manny really belongs on the Big Breeds thread:

The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here!

He's just glorious!
Yeah I agree, I think a lot of Siberian there! Right before I got Manny I had visited a Maine Coon breeder and he had a female that was about the same size as Manny and the same build. He says he breeds more for size and a shorter stockier look and bigger bones so, I had that in the back of my head and was thinking some Maine Coon there. Norwegian Forest Cat had crossed my mind also. I had never really researched Siberians. I always questioned the size and spacing of the ears, head size and muzzle.

He does not eat like a Maine Coon. My late Maine Coon Tama ate like a freakin pig and he would lay down in front of the water bowl and drink for 10 to 15 mins. He laid down while he was eating too! Manny eats and drinks like a 1/4 of what Tama did.

He never has crossed his legs and Tama did that all the time. They both lay/ laid belly up a lot. Bought the only thing they do have in common. The more I was around Manny the more I felt like there was something else there but just couldn't put my finger on it. I'm glad I posted this. I can start reading up on the Siberian characteristics. May help with the training.