So what about “your” crossing over the bridge before your babies?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
When Mom got Muffin, my sister and I were completely against it. If anything happened to Mom, what were we supposed to do with Muffin? “Oh, put her down if I die,” was my mother’s response. At that time, Muffin wasn’t even a year old! Put down a kitten? But that’s how much my mother cared.

Later on, she told my sister she wasn’t worried. “Pam will take her. She won’t let anything happen to her.” The following year, Mom ended up in a nursing home. Muffin became ours. I wouldn’t give that baby girl up for anything. And Mom knew that would happen.

I’m not happy about how it happened. I don’t feel that we really had a choice. I wasn’t putting down a young cat. And she wasn’t going to a shelter, not if I could help it. So she became part of the family.
I'm tasked with taking in my mom's cat if she goes into assisted living or passes. He's a sweet, healthy 6-7 year old now. I'm not thrilled about taking in another cat, but the poor guy was already abandoned by his first family when they moved and he lived on the street until my mom took him in. I wouldn't let him go to a shelter.

My sister has agreed to take in my two cats. They're both almost 12 now and chances are I'll outlive them but you never know. I've also told her that if that's impossible for her situation to contact the elder kitty rescue place in our area. They take in senior kitties who have lost their homes. I'd hate to see my spoiled babies have to go into foster homes but it's better than a shelter. trudy1 trudy1 Maybe there's an organization like that in your area? It might be worth looking into if you don't have family members who can help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm tasked with taking in my mom's cat if she goes into assisted living or passes. He's a sweet, healthy 6-7 year old now. I'm not thrilled about taking in another cat, but the poor guy was already abandoned by his first family when they moved and he lived on the street until my mom took him in. I wouldn't let him go to a shelter.

My sister has agreed to take in my two cats. They're both almost 12 now and chances are I'll outlive them but you never know. I've also told her that if that's impossible for her situation to contact the elder kitty rescue place in our area. They take in senior kitties who have lost their homes. I'd hate to see my spoiled babies have to go into foster homes but it's better than a shelter. trudy1 trudy1 Maybe there's an organization like that in your area? It might be worth looking into if you don't have family members who can help.
Nope, remember where I am...sw Missouri. Up until about 5 years ago our county animal shelter euthanized 14,000 animals in a period of a few years. TNR is a “suspicious concept” and while we now have several no kill shelters (finally) that are always maxed out....they receive little, if any, city or county support. You don’t dare advertise a cat or dog without an adoption fee because so many unscrupulous folks will get them as “bait animals” in dog fighting training. And on and on.

Anyway, no one knows their “appointed time” but I look at my 7 rescues thinking...