So very infected

goblin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dear Debby,

"My husband is such a butt...and I don't care who sees this.....he IS. He knows I am sick, he saw my tonsils, and when he got home awhile ago, I asked him if he would take Amber outside for awhile. when she wakes up since it is so nice out and give me a much needed break.....he said, "well I see you've had a couple beers so you must not be very sick...you take care of Amber when she wakes up...I'm going to drink some beer with John. (his friend) Yes...Iv'e had a couple beers...but I still feel sick...which I am... and I still need a break....how insensitive is he? When his tonsils turn white.... you can darn well bet he'll be playing it for all it's worth...oh debby...I'm dying.....it hurts so bad....please cater to me nonstop!!! I just hate him right now...not really hate,,,because that is a sin, and I don't actually hate anyone...but his insensitiveness is pushing me farther and farther away from him. All I wanted was a little more time on TCS, which I rarely get....and he used that as an excuse to leave and not take care of Amber. JERK!!!!!!!!!"

When males are 15 to 25, they are young and still learning. They are adolescent. It is ok, because that is what they are. When they become 35, 45, 55 and up, it is time for them to grow up. When adolensent males become men they are great. (Problem is they are all taken).

Salt water gargle is the best thing.

(I am drinking a RedDog Beer right now, so I can't lecture you on that one.)

Take care girl.

Goblin

2rascalkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Get well soon, Debby! Hopefully the Doctors will be able to give you something to coat and heal the throat. Take care of yourself.

cla517

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Eeek. It sounds like you have strep throat. Ouch!! I'm sending some serious feel better vibes.
Someone above mentioned an urgent care clinic. That's a really good idea if there is one near you. They can prescribe antibiotics and you don't have to have an appointment. Feel Better!!

tanya_p

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Debby, I hope you are feeling better. I was able to make a morning appointment today, and will be heading that way in a few minutes.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Debby, sorry your feeling so miserable! Perhaps you could go to an urgent care today to be seen by a Dr. They're usually open till at least 6PM on Sat., and you can just go in as a walkin. They can get a culture to confirm the tonsilitis and you can go ahead and be taking antibiotics to treat this nasty infection. It may be a little more pricey, but it would certainly be worth it! It may help your throat a little to suck on ice chips. Sorry your husband was so uncaring and inconsiderate about your feelings when you only asked him to do one thing. He'll get it back! Get some rest and take care of yourself. Please get better soon!

tanya_p

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am back from the Doctor. I got some Penicillin, as the test for strep came back positive. Just to let you know Debby, the Doctor mentioned that I should stay away from people for the next day or so if possible. I guess that means it is fairly contagious. Sounds like your hubby may need to watch out.

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that you are feeling so sick Deb.. drink lots of water and try to swallow.. it works for me... no doubt it's painful swallowing but after a few times it usually hurts less and it would makes things better... get well soon

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Strep throat is soooo awful! The best thing in the world for strep (besides antibiotics) is Ramin Noodle soup. That stuff is so salty that if you drink the broth the combination of the heat and salt will take the pain away. Try it, you'll like it!

I hope you start feeling better soon. I am worried about you!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cla517

Eeek. It sounds like you have strep throat. Ouch!! I'm sending some serious feel better vibes.
Someone above mentioned an urgent care clinic. That's a really good idea if there is one near you. They can prescribe antibiotics and you don't have to have an appointment. Feel Better!!
Debby, I'd suggest that, too. A couple of years ago, I woke up with a bad sore throat on Saturday. By Sunday, I could barely eat, and was running a fever. On Monday, I couldn't swallow water or open my mouth, and was hospitalized and had an emergency tonsillectomy. I had blood poisoning, and the doctors told me I could have died. Don't take chances!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is indeed strep, it needs to be treated. Unresolved strep can cause kidney damage.

iluvcandy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Debby - So sorry to hear you're so sick.

Whenever I had strep, cold, flu, etc, gargling with salt water always helped me, but my favorite was chicken soup and decaf tea with a BIG glop of honey in it, or just honey by itself.

Sending healing vibes to you, see a dr. real soon.

For some reason I'm glad I'm not married.

Jill and Candy

vinceneilsgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have asthma, a heart murmur, and endometriosis...so when I get sick I GET SICK. Unfortunately, I don't have health insurance. :spew:

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby honey, get to the doctors now! insurance or none! you need to be seen! it sounds like you have a severe infection if not maybe penumonia. Please go to the doctors!!!!!!!!!

hootiecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HI Debby, Hope you feel better soon.It is so horrible to be that sick and then not even be understood or taken care of a little bit even. I know it's a drag. Have you tried to swallow chicken soup broth? It's warm and soothing and I thought I heard it has a chemical in it that's good for fighting infections with respiratory things. Is Amber your cat? Sorry I didn't know, I haven't been by here in a while, and I may not be able to anymore. Hope you go to the doc tomorrow or soomething and get well soon! your friend hootiecat

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You take care of yourself Debs.

My next door neighbour was in hospital las week and on a drip for 2 days because his tonsils were so infected.
When he tried to drink they were so swollen that any liquid came down his nose!

Hope you feel better soon

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like strep to me also... I used to get strep once every 2 or 3 months. I ran the efever had the white bumps etc. I am 24 and FINALLY got my tonsils out 2 years ago. They say that once you get your tonsils out you aren't supposed to get strep, but I have had it 4 times since
It is horrible and hurts so bad, I know exactly how you feel. Please get to the doctor and I hope he gets you feeling better soon. Keep us updated. One word of advice though, if he gives you antibiotics you will probably feel better within a few days, make sure you still continue to take ALL of the antibiotics he gives you. Otherwise, you will just get it again in a couple of weeks.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I concurr with all the "doctors" here. I'm diagnosing strep too. The most important thing is to keep yourself hydrated and see the doctor. No more beers...they will actually DE-hydrate you. Drink some sports drink watered with about 1/3 water.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby, if you do have strep, do you have Siamese cats? When my children were small, one of the girls continually had sore throat, ear infections, strep. The doctor said that the Siamese cats can carry the strep germ and spread it. Please be careful.