So Sad , My Tiki Is Gone

Brri

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 17 year old boy Tiki was really struggling lately , he seemed to have a couple of great days last week and the last few days have been exactly the opposite . As a diabetic he had done really well since being diagnosed a few years ago , we've centered our world around his care and always been on time for his two shots a day , his feedings and anything he needed .
He never complained once about the shots or blood tests and was just the best patient you could ever have
He used to come up to wake me every morning to tell me it was breakfast time , like my personal alarm clock he would jump on the bed and start licking my nose or my eyelids . He let my daughter dress him up in silly costumes and was always around to greet company and show them some love . Everyone that met tiki loved him
He really was my best pal and was always there to make me feel better if I was sick or just there to make me smile . This was the toughest decision ever and I miss him soooo much . The vet knew him well and loved him too . She knew it was his time and that he was ready but I still feel like I gave up on him and let him down .

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
You didn't give up on him or let him down, quite the opposite, it is not easy to manage cats with diabetes but you did it and took care of him the best that you could and he knew that and loved you for it. It is the grief that is playing games with you now and it will, both mentally and physically, but it will ease with time, just hang in there and know that he is fine now, no pain or needing shots, you gave him a wonderful life and you will see him again someday.

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to read about the loss of your Tiki.
You did a great job at managing his diabetes for years. You didn't gave up on him or let him down, or you had given up years ago.
You proved to love him everyday giving him his needed shots, and you proved to love him when he needed to leave you.
Now he will be greeted at the Rainbow Bridge and he will greet all the new freinds who inevitably will walk to the Bridge one day.
RIP Tiki

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You were there for him to take away his pain, it was not want you wanted, but it was what he needed. I just lost my seventeen year old too, so I know that empty feeling in your house and your life. The absence of all those little routines we went through, the realization that we will no longer see that precious little face. They may be gone from our lives, but they will never be gone from our memories and our hearts.
Tiki shared your life journey for seventeen years. You gave him a wonderful home, care when he needed it and most importantly your love, which is what he wanted the most and what made his life complete. You know he would never want you to be so sad. He loves you too much to cause you any pain. Just as you would want for him if you were the first to go, go into the future with a smile on your lips and happiness in your heart, knowing you experienced something very few do, complete and utter love. The bond you share with that special boy is spiritual, so eternal.Not even death can take that from you. He will always be tied to your soul. Don't dwell on the end, it changes nothing and only brings heartache. Concentrate on the good he brought to your life and what he meant to you, it is as he would want for the one he loves above all else.
Time is the only thing that helps, take care of yourself and surround yourself with those who understand, my heart goes out to you in this time of sadness.......RIP precious Tiki, you will never be forgotten in this world, and will forever be held in a loving heart. Goodnight, sleep tight, little Prince!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Tiki, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

It is so human to wonder if we did the right thing...but that is just our heart yearning, even though our heads know that it was time, and that Tiki knew it was time, as well. Love never dies, you know, and your boy is with you still.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
RAINBOW BRIDGE now has another one of OUR KIDS! If SYLVIA BROWNE was right you will be reunited with TIKI in the future. I truly pray that is true because every time I lose a furkid it strikes me so hard, much harder than having CANCER, surgeries, chemo, needles and baldness....Each one has a special place in my heart ♡♡♡♡♡♡. But when someone else loses a furkid I always remind them how lucky it was for both the pet and the owner that paths were crossed when GOD saw it was time for them to save each other, especially this time of year.

Bella's Mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss Tiki is running around up there playing i think you did a great job taking care of her