So Phresh Advanced Odor Control Scoopable Fragrance Free Cat Litter

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anybody tried this?

My usual tidy cats unscented with charcoal (free and clean) in the 35 lb. pails are becoming extinct during the pandemic due to supply issues. The other size and containers of tidy cats are too pricy for my budget.

Petco is having a really good sale on these and wondering how they may compare. Two cats have asthma, so requirements are scent free and lower dust. Thanks for any input!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anybody tried this?

My usual tidy cats unscented with charcoal (free and clean) in the 35 lb. pails are becoming extinct during the pandemic due to supply issues. The other size and containers of tidy cats are too pricy for my budget.

Petco is having a really good sale on these and wondering how they may compare. Two cats have asthma, so requirements are scent free and lower dust. Thanks for any input!
This is the only litter we have used for years and years. "Lower dust" is relative. If you pour the litter close to the box and not from a standing position, you cut down on dust. I think this is the best litter all the way around and it is affordable by me. Others have their own preferences. But personally, I recommend it highly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the only litter we have used for years and years. "Lower dust" is relative. If you pour the litter close to the box and not from a standing position, you cut down on dust. I think this is the best litter all the way around and it is affordable by me. Others have their own preferences. But personally, I recommend it highly.
Thank you so much! Great to hear and your feedback is highly appreciated! Petco is having a 50% off (up to $20 off) on first repeat delivery. Although, the normal price for this litter is still price comparable to what I used to buy Tidy cats on sale for when I'd caught really good sales. Agree on the affordability. Thanks again!

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the one they've always had with the green label, isn't it? I was at Petco buying litter the other day, and they had something new with a red label in addition to what I always buy.

Anyhow, I have always used their Sophresh litter with the green label. I started it years ago, and while I have used others on rare occasions (my cats don't seem to be too fussy about what litter I do use), the Sophresh works fine. Odor is no problem and dust is not a problem. It seems to be a good value, especially if you reuse the jugs or buckets (depending on how much you buy).

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the one they've always had with the green label, isn't it? I was at Petco buying litter the other day, and they had something new with a red label in addition to what I always buy.

Anyhow, I have always used their Sophresh litter with the green label. I started it years ago, and while I have used others on rare occasions (my cats don't seem to be too fussy about what litter I do use), the Sophresh works fine. Odor is no problem and dust is not a problem. It seems to be a good value, especially if you reuse the jugs or buckets (depending on how much you buy).

Thanks for the feedback and great tip about reusing the jug and buckets! I ordered a few to try out since they have a very good deal with first repeat delivery.

How much do the refills usually cost? It may be a while until I feel comfortable shopping in store, but something to look forward to to save more money. :)

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe the jug refills currently are $5.99. Don't remember what the bucket refills cost. I haven't bought buckets for ages because it's just easier to fill the cat boxes from the jugs.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the feedback and great tip about reusing the jug and buckets! I ordered a few to try out since they have a very good deal with first repeat delivery.

How much do the refills usually cost? It may be a while until I feel comfortable shopping in store, but something to look forward to to save more money. :)
The 30# bucket is currently $11.99 and you get a discount when you put it on repeat delivery, as I have for years. Convenient, too, delivered right to your house when you request! and you can change delivery frequency or amount at any time. It's definitely the way to go. I know I will always have good supply on my cat foods, litter, and treats.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The 30# bucket is currently $11.99 and you get a discount when you put it on repeat delivery, as I have for years. Convenient, too, delivered right to your house when you request! and you can change delivery frequency or amount at any time. It's definitely the way to go. I know I will always have good supply on my cat foods, litter, and treats.
That's a very good price! The good price for tidy cats when I'd stock up was about $10-12/ 35 lb., so just a little pricier, but I wouldn't have to keep looking for sales as much. It is nice getting it shipped to the house, too!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a very good price! The good price for tidy cats when I'd stock up was about $10-12/ 35 lb., so just a little pricier, but I wouldn't have to keep looking for sales as much. It is nice getting it shipped to the house, too!
So much more convenient than having to haul all those heavy buckets and cases of food -- good for the planet, too!