So Much for Going Grain-Free

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I woke up from my nap to discover Daisy chowing down on an ear of grilled corn that my husband had left out on the stove.

She had eaten the WHOLE ear by the time I found her!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol3::lol3::lol3: :crackup: I guess that puts an end to the theory that you don't see a cat eating a corn on the cob on its own will :crackup: Cats.... you just never know with these little ones :flail:

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have found many cats like corn on the cob.  Don't know why.  It IS high in sugar and starch.

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol, that IS funny. GREAT PHOTO. I would have been laughing too hard to snap the photo.

I caught Magnus eating a ton of stuff he's not supposed to eat as an obligate carnivore. I always lecture him about it but he doesn't care lol.

To date he's eaten:

1. Matzah crackers

2. Chick Peas

3. Regular Peas

4. a bite of pizza (mostly cheese) that he swiped off my plate

5. Edamame

6. Green Bean casserole (I freaked out when I saw him trying to lick this as it had onions in it. I got it away from him before he ate too much though...)

7. Rice

Last edited:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Caught in the act! :lol3:

Merlin loves anything made with flour: bread, cookies, crackers, etc. He used to chew through the plastic bag and eat the corners off a loaf of bread, until I started keeping the bread in the refrigerator. I keep asking for a cat-proof bread box for Christmas, but I don't think anyone has invented it yet.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. Binky went on an a grainless diet b/c of allergies. The other day I caught her with her head in the Rats chow. (That is grain heavy)  And she is such a finiky eater too!  Go Figure???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She also loves bread, cheese, and chips!  I'm sure as a homeless stray, she had to forage for food and fend for herself.  We've learned to not leave food out on the counter (for the most part) because she's fast!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL!  Too funny!  One of my old girls liked dog biscuits.  She would open the box to get herself one if you left them where she could get in it.  I guess you never know when it comes to cats right?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Add pizza crust to Merlin's diet. I left my lunch on the counter while I answered the phone, and guess what I came back to find. :hmm:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 What a sneaky girl she is! That is so funny, great picture!  She was thinking, "While moewmy is asleep......." "hmm,. that smells/looks good!" "Taste good too!"

sillysiberians

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tend to swamp my corn on the cob in butter and salt, so maybe that's why kitty liked it? I had a cat that was a huge salt junky... she was crazy for Lays plain potato chips, we pretty much couldn't eat them around her.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH HOW FUNNY :lol3: Reminds me of my very first cat, Winky. OMG she LOVED corn on the cob and always tried to steal them. :lol: Thanks for the laugh. :clap:

wendyb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to hide any corn I bring home and I've had her chew through the plastic shopping bag and then the bread bag to sink those little toofies into bread - any kind of bread