So, Listen To What Verizon Did.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to a Verizon store and changed my phone from a prepay account to post pay. Simple right? Nope. Went online to check my bill and there was a second line added to my account with an $800 phone! What?
So I go back to Verizon store and explain this is not my phone. I only have one line, one phone. I wait for almost an hour while they try to sort it out. They finally tell me that the second phone and line were supposed to be added to a different person's account. Verizon at first wanted me to sign the phone over to the other person. I told them I would not sign anything until the charges were taken off my bill. So now they are telling me to wait for a phone call from another Dept. and I have to give my permission for the phone number to be removed from my account and then they will credit me.
I'm so mad! They ran this other person's phone using my credit! How does this happen? The sales clerk just shrugged her shoulders and said that it was a crazy situation. Anybody ever worked for a cell phone company and can explain what happened? Is there anything else I should do to be cleared of these phone charges? Thanks

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any idea on what else to do....sorry.
I had Verizon for years. They did crap like this and kept raising their rates, so I switched. I went to Tracfone. I got an LTE Majesty Pro for about $40. Not the best smartphone, but it does the things I need. Unlimited talk and text with 1 GB data for $20 (plus taxes) a month and I kept my phone number. Since they use Verizon's towers, I get the same reception. And you can talk to their CS in an online chat.
I know I sound like an ad for Tracfone, but after a stunt like that, I personally would not keep Verizon if you paid me.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any idea on what else to do....sorry.
I had Verizon for years. They did crap like this and kept raising their rates, so I switched. I went to Tracfone. I got an LTE Majesty Pro for about $40. Not the best smartphone, but it does the things I need. Unlimited talk and text with 1 GB data for $20 (plus taxes) a month and I kept my phone number. Since they use Verizon's towers, I get the same reception. And you can talk to their CS in an online chat.
I know I sound like an ad for Tracfone, but after a stunt like that, I personally would not keep Verizon if you paid me.
Oh sol true!My girlfriend got a good deal on a Tracfone on QVC plus they triple your minutes,etc.She has had it for a couple of years now and has been very happy with it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, I live in a remote area and Verizon is the only carrier I can get a signal with.:(

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, I live in a remote area and Verizon is the only carrier I can get a signal with.:(
Oh man,that stinks,but...I thought tracfone (and others)used Verizon towers...no?Worth checking into...if you google them they have a live chat option.They might be able to tell you.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry that you are having troubles! I have been dealing with them and my daughter's ex-boyfriend for months now. My daughter was on my account. When she turned 18, we went down and separated our accounts so that it was in her name. Then I switched to Spectrum Mobile, which I absolutely love. ($7 a month for my phone and $14 a month for a shared gig with my husband. We never use anywhere near it.)

Well, it turns out that when we separated our accounts, they did not actually separate them. Both accounts were in my name. Her account is still in my name. Her ex-boyfriend and the father of her unborn son is a bit of a jerk, to say the least, and pushed her into putting a phone for him onto her account, which, as I said, is my account that we thought was hers. We should have found out when the put the phone on the account because they were supposed to contact me since I am the account holder. They did not. I then noticed an unusual payment to Verizon and called them and got no answers. (We have it sat up so that my daughter's payment processes through my bank because her payroll card is not accepted for whatever reason.) I then went down to the store.

Since they did not follow protocol and contact me, they told me I needed to go through the fraud department. Since the ex needs it for work, I thought I would give him a chance and be nice, allowing him six months to get his credit together so that he could just put it in his name. Each month has been a struggle to get him to pay, but my daughter is too worried about him starting a fight with her and coming to our house--again--to let me call the fraud department. He is two months behind and my daughter is paying it. If they would have just contacted me, I would never have let him get a phone through my account.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I, unfortunately, use Verizon. They are a retched corporation. Worse than Mother Bell was back in the day they were the only telephone company. At least they were professional when they abused customers.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man,that stinks,but...I thought tracfone (and others)used Verizon towers...no?Worth checking into...if you google them they have a live chat option.They might be able to tell you.
They do. They use the Verizon network which is the only reason it works for me. Verizon used to be the only phone that worked for me way out here.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Contact your bank card or credit card company and let them know there is a disputed charge with the explanation. If it was a bank card they should remove it while it is in dispute. If it is a credit card, they should start the disputed process for you. And then if Verizon doesn’t clear it they can take it up with the bank or credit card company which will get it done faster.

Last edited: