So is my cat pregnant ?

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats nipples have become inlaged and now there is white stuff on the tips but she dose not look pregnant
D190CAFF-BD84-41C6-95E3-11F666C93028.png
230B0343-DAF1-40CE-9AD7-F9B67395BC34.png

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
if its more rosy than before, she probably is. In the beginning at that time nipples gets rosy we dont see anything on the size of belly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
if its more rosy than before, she probably is. In the beginning at that time nipples gets rosy we dont see anything on the size of belly.
They are more bright in color and larger like befor I wouldn’t have even known she has nipples now as soon as I rub her tummy I feel them and they poke out how long till she starts showing though

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes then we may assume she is preg. You do want this litter?

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes then we may assume she is preg. You do want this litter?
Yes I just want to be prepared for when the baby’s come and what to expect I’ve been being really careful with her and feeding her lots of food I just don’t wanna Mess with her normal foot routine if there’s a chance she isn’t pregnant plus I’ve been keeping her separate from my other cats to be one the safe side

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She needs to be on a high quality kitten food if she is pregnant. Also don't let her outside or near intact males until she gives birth and can be spayed or she will just keep getting pregnant.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she's unspayed and has been around unneutered males, yes, she's almost certainly pregnant. Cats are very fertile. Do you have any idea when she was around an unneutered male? That might give a timeline of when to expect the kittens.

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she's unspayed and has been around unneutered males, yes, she's almost certainly pregnant. Cats are very fertile. Do you have any idea when she was around an unneutered male? That might give a timeline of when to expect the kittens.
She went into heat around sep9th and she was around one a lil befor then not to sure she doesn’t look very pregnant though

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s just her skin chapping, probably from her licking so much. You can apply coconut or olive oil to her nipples as an emollient.

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She still looks the same I feel like her tummy pokes out a little more but she dose not look pregnant at all for the most part could I have been wrong I know she mated with my male cat a few times could she be pregnant and just not showing ? If she is wouldn’t she be far along and big by now ?here are some photos of her nipples and tummy when she lays down and a few old ones for comparison to now
236782E5-26BC-4188-820B-BF548574E665.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your cat appears to be pregnant. Cats begin to show at about 5 weeks along. When did she mate?

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your cat appears to be pregnant. Cats begin to show at about 5 weeks along. When did she mate?
I think from sept 9th till probly the 24th I’m not to sure the thing is her belly Dose not seem hard like o try to gently touch it and she lets me rub it still but some days she looks big some days she don’t but her primordial pouch looks saggier I’m just confused because by my calculations from when I first noticed her enlarged nipples says she would be due by November 20th meaning she should be huge right ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The date range you give covers two weeks. If she conceived towards the end of that range she would not show yet. It’s best to be patient and see how things go the next couple of weeks since you can’t be sure when she conceived. It also depends how many kittens she is carrying.

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The date range you give covers two weeks. If she conceived towards the end of that range she would not show yet. It’s best to be patient and see how things go the next couple of weeks since you can’t be sure when she conceived. It also depends how many kittens she is carrying.
Your right I was going to take her to the vet but the place I go to dose not do ultra sounds and all the other places are to pricy and I know the vet can check by feeling them but I heard if done wrong it can cause the cat to lose the kittens but I’ll wait it out and just see if not then she will get spayed I’ve just been postponing it Incase she is pregnant then she’d be half way and I wouldn’t wanna terminate that far along

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Purraise
Your right I was going to take her to the vet but the place I go to dose not do ultra sounds and all the other places are to pricy and I know the vet can check by feeling them but I heard if done wrong it can cause the cat to lose the kittens but I’ll wait it out and just see if not then she will get spayed I’ve just been postponing it Incase she is pregnant then she’d be half way and I wouldn’t wanna terminate that far along

In case you do change your mind, it is okay to terminate that far along. Even just a week before the kittens are due is still safe. A vet confirmed this to me when I had it done to a feral I had taken in who had just given birth about 9 weeks before.

I asked a lot of questions about it, as I was extremely hesitant since it was SO late term. I didn’t want the unborn kittens to suffer and I didn’t want Momma cat to be placed in more danger than giving birth to would place her in.

The vet, and a separate vet tech, took time to explain to me in detail exactly what happens, and what state the kittens are in. Both essentially told me that kittens are not like human fetuses or babies - they’re simply not viable until a day or two before they’re due. (That’s the short and quick of it, I probably asked a million questions at the time).

That is to say, it would be even more safe in your situation, if you feel it would be a better option in the long run, since she is not so far along. Kittens are expensive, and you will need to find them homes. It’s a lot, and giving birth is not without risk to your kitty.

But everyone has to make this decision for themselves, and that’s okay. I just wanted to let you know that it IS an option that is relatively safe for your kitty and will not cause any great suffering to her unborn.

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In case you do change your mind, it is okay to terminate that far along. Even just a week before the kittens are due is still safe. A vet confirmed this to me when I had it done to a feral I had taken in who had just given birth about 9 weeks before.

I asked a lot of questions about it, as I was extremely hesitant since it was SO late term. I didn’t want the unborn kittens to suffer and I didn’t want Momma cat to be placed in more danger than giving birth to would place her in.

The vet, and a separate vet tech, took time to explain to me in detail exactly what happens, and what state the kittens are in. Both essentially told me that kittens are not like human fetuses or babies - they’re simply not viable until a day or two before they’re due. (That’s the short and quick of it, I probably asked a million questions at the time).

That is to say, it would be even more safe in your situation, if you feel it would be a better option in the long run, since she is not so far along. Kittens are expensive, and you will need to find them homes. It’s a lot, and giving birth is not without risk to your kitty.

But everyone has to make this decision for themselves, and that’s okay. I just wanted to let you know that it IS an option that is relatively safe for your kitty and will not cause any great suffering to her unborn.
I appreciate it a lot and I will take that into consideration if I do not see any changes in her with in the next week or so I will get her spayed I wouldn’t want to bring harm to her but she dose not seem like she’s in any discomfort and I feel I can afford and find good homes for them with good loving people but your right im going to call my vet tomorrow and talk over the options

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So just an update I saw something moving in my cats tummy is that normal and it wasn’t going along with her breathing ? Could it be something other then kittens it wasn’t like a big move but when I stared closely at her stomach it was like rippling and little kicks

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Purraise
While I don’t personally know of anything else that would cause that, unless she has any other abnormal, nonpregnancy type symptoms, I’d say it’s kittens moving.

And if you’re able to see it and not just feel it, I’d wager she’s a couple weeks out from giving birth at this point, but take that with a grain of salt! You’d need a vet to evaluate her to really determine that.