So, I think my cat MIGHT be pregnant

ehenningsgaard19

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! So I have a beautiful orange cat named Lucy and I think she may be pregnant. She ran off about 4 weeks ago to my neighbors.(FYI they live just across a little gravel road. I live out in the country.) When she went she was in heat and looking for a mate. I tried bringing her back about three times but she just went right back. Now my neighbor has an intact male at their place however he lives in the house over there and never comes out so I wasn't worried. However, she wasn't coming back. Anyway, she suddenly decided to come back about a week ago and actually stay. I thought that was strange and I asked my neighbor if her male cat was out at all. They said no but that a grey and white cat had appeared (not sure when though) and that they didn't know whether or not the cat that had shown up was male or female. So my cat has had one previous litter and so the swollen red nipples I'm not sure that would work in trying to tell if she was pregnant. And I don't know when she was bred either. How can I tell that she is pregnant? Oh and I forgot to mention that she has not been in heat since she has come home. Does it sound that she could possibly be pregnant? What do you all think? Thanks for any info! :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It is extremely likely she is pregnant. If she isn’t spayed and goes outside it’s just going to happen no matter how far away or near there is a male cat. For figuring out when the kittens might be due I would count from her last heat.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she will have mated and will most likely be pregnant. Since she ran off while she was in heat, how about getting her spayed after this litter?