So I Picked Up Some Temptations For Terra The Cat...

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I picked up chicken flavor and dairy flavor, as her favorite people food is ice cream. She flat out SCORED the dairy flavor. Haven’t tried the chicken ones yet, but I thought for sure that Terra would love the dairy treats. I know Temptations aren’t the healthiest treat, but I just want treats to be fun food that she loved. I don’t feed her treats very often, so I don’t feel bad about getting her temptations, but DAMN, my kitty has discriminating tastes.

EDIT: She scorned the chicken treats, too. I should have just picked up blue buffalo treats, which I know she enjoys.

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
... sometimes if I mix treats with bonito flakes, my boy will then go for them :)

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of mine won't have anything to do with Temptations either. The other two react to them like "kitty crack." I wanted them to have something they'd crave so I could use it as a reward for sitting still while being brushed or having their nails clipped. Well, two out of three ain't bad, I guess!

Beebster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 12 year old Fluffy LOVES the turkey and chicken flavors of Temptations! She's been hooked on them for years. Sadly at one point we had issues with my grandmother, who had dementia, giving her those treats constantly and that contributed to Fluffy's weight gain.
I still give her a couple treats occasionally, mostly after trying to get her to play. I definitely gave her a few after introducing the new kitten to her a month ago, just to show her she was still a good kitty and still loved. After a few interactions with the kitten and no major cat fights, I gave her a couple more treats again.