So I Just Did This...and I Don’t Even Feel Bad

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she just gives away the kittens to whoever will fork over full price first probably and then pushes her luck with giving people further away the choice of other kittens. After all, she knows she already has your deposit. That sucks :/ There should be a place like BBB for reporting shady breeders and bad expieriences, as well as the good ones. Or like Yelp.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10 Telling Signs That The Breeder You’re Buying From Is Bad News – AngusPost

It applies to cats as well. My vote? Take her to small claims court if need be. Get your money back & walk away from any kitten from her. I also am all for telling everyone about her shady practices. Why? I have heard to many cat horror stories where someone buys a kitten from a bad breeder and it is riddled with health issues for life.... to die from those issues after thousand of dollars in medical cost.

If I was going to buy a cat from the breeder I would insist on a contract & seeing the home life of the kittens before I handed over any money. I would also want a clean bill of health from the vet & the kitten to have their first vaccinations.

Complaint against breeder

I think the right kitten will find you. I have found cats just show up when their is a vacancy. I'm sorry that this kitten didn't work out. I'm sure you can find a good breeder and get the cat of your dreams.

:vibes::grouphug2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
10 Telling Signs That The Breeder You’re Buying From Is Bad News – AngusPost

It applies to cats as well. My vote? Take her to small claims court if need be. Get your money back & walk away from any kitten from her. I also am all for telling everyone about her shady practices. Why? I have heard to many cat horror stories where someone buys a kitten from a bad breeder and it is riddled with health issues for life.... to die from those issues after thousand of dollars in medical cost.

If I was going to buy a cat from the breeder I would insist on a contract & seeing the home life of the kittens before I handed over any money. I would also want a clean bill of health from the vet & the kitten to have their first vaccinations.

Complaint against breeder

I think the right kitten will find you. I have found cats just show up when their is a vacancy. I'm sorry that this kitten didn't work out. I'm sure you can find a good breeder and get the cat of your dreams.

:vibes::grouphug2:
Thank you for your kind words...you are correct. I should just wait to get what I really want and avoid all of the troubles and health concerns....does anyone have any recommendations for flame point Siamese reputable breeders?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One place to start a breeder search is the Fanciers Breeder Referral List. Here is the list of Siamese breeders.
FBRL: Cat Breeders: Siamese Breeders
Note that this list includes breeders of both modern Siamese and "old-style" Siamese. A lot of the Thai breeders are on this list, too. Some of these breeders will be better for you than others. With any breeder you contact, you will want to do your homework to make sure you are comfortable with their breeding program and policies.

Take your time and think about exactly what you want. Do you want a modern Siamese, old-style Siamese or Thai? Do you want a cat to show in the purebred classes (Siamese or Thai), or in household pet class only?

If you are looking for a cat to show, you would want a show quality kitten. In that case, you would look for breeders that show their cats and are successful, and you would inquire about getting a "show alter."

If it is not important to you to get a show quality Siamese or Thai, you could look for a pet quality kitten from a breeder, or you could also consider a rescue cat or kitten. You can show any cat in the household pet class.

Friend's Friend

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just gotta say that my heart goes out to you, friend. :( That sounds like such a crappy situation. Depending on what you put down for the deposit, it may or may not be worth taking her to a small claims court to get that money back . . . and it's definitely worth reaching out to whatever site you found her on (presuming it's a website) and bringing her to their attention so she'll hopefully be banned.

I don't know if you have your heart set on a kitten, but there are a number of purebred rescue groups for Siamese cats. (rescueme.org is one--for many breeds.)

Anyway . . . you have my sympathy, friend! <3 Keep your head up. The right kitty will come along. <3

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rescueme.org is not a breed rescue group, the vast majority of the cats listed on that site are domestic shorthairs / longhairs of no specific breed. The "breed" label is someone's guess, just like on petfinder, and most of the cats don't even look like the "breed" they are labeled as... Of course, there are plenty of wonderful cats on that site, and it's great to rescue a cat!

There are actual breed rescue groups for cats, but you're more likely to find them if you look for groups for the specific breed (for example google "siamese breed rescue"). With any group, you'll need to use your judgement in determining whether they are legitimate.

Friend's Friend

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are purebreds on there, although you're right: the majority of cats are mixed. I just wanted to throw it out there because it's at least a place to start. :)

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Very happy to report that God had a plan for me! I was contacted through Facebook by a woman today with two kittens in need to rescue! When she showed me photos I honestly could NOT believe my eyes! Both are Siamese! They are from a cat hoarder who bred the cats for specific colorations :(. They had full grown himilayans, siamese, and rag dolls. Likely not purebred, but recently they had escaped and the townspeople shot most of them...

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So cute! What are you going to do about your deposit to the breeder?

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How can I delete this thread? I would like to make a seperate one about the new kittens