So I Just Did This...and I Don’t Even Feel Bad

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just put a deposit down on a new kitten today :anticipation:. I honestly don’t feel too bad about it because this is a breed I have wanted forever and I came across a good chance! I don’t have any good photos of him so far, buttt here are the ones that I do have. He is a cream point Siamese :cloud9:. Even if his color darkens to flame I won’t mind, I’m just so happy that he’s my little dude!

Attachments

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
:welcomesign: Lovely to see new members here, and there will be no shortage of people around who will identify with your excitement as you wait to bring home this little treasure.

Do you know when you will be able to bring him home with you, and is there a name yet? He looks super cute if still tiny.

Lots of information around the site if you are looking for any advice before you let this kitten (tiny destroyer) loose in your home. :thumbsup: Not to mention a willing audience for any number of photographs you want to share. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He’s 3 weeks old so it will be awhile yet :bawling:. He’s my birthday gift to myself lol. Im thinking of some names

Miso, coconut (a favorite), and a few others that I can’t remember Right now lol. I will share new photos as he grows and as I receive them!

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is adorable ..... and all I think is "oh you poor, poor sucker you are getting a Siamese .... the adorable :devilcat2:Bart simpson's of the cat world!" ;)I think when you get him at ?12? Weeks you will love him and his mayhem :catlove: take lots of photos they grow up so fast. I think a kitten might be the best birthday gift ever! :celebrate: I hope you have a great birthday :bday:

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone! Unfortunately it seems that I may have to get a female instead of a male...the seller just informed me today that she had decided to keep the only male flamepoint and that only females were avaliable. However this one looks like a male to me?
4E754554-C744-48C9-83B7-EACA1866D6F4.jpeg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You said in your other thread that you had concerns about this breeder being ethical, maybe this is a sign to consider looking for another breeder?

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You said in your other thread that you had concerns about this breeder being ethical, maybe this is a sign to consider looking for another breeder?
Yes I agree. However I put down my deposit so I’m sort of in a situation where I’m stuck

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you put down a deposit on a kitten, and then she notified you that the kitten you wanted was not available, you should get your deposit back.
She said it is “non refundable”. First she told me she had all males, now she is saying she only has females available and a blue point male. I’m very frustrated as I had my heart set on a male :’( ...However im pretty sure this little one is a male..even if not I have fallen for the kittens sweet face...I’m still at a loss...

55BAA2FF-63A4-437C-9689-4E089A31E91B.jpeg
DD6BBF7A-A82B-4A1C-86D4-C88577AEE415.jpeg
234688C9-167D-42CE-BF8F-3F4656A9FB25.jpeg

Right now I’m just hoping this all works out...

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did you actually get in to it with her about wanting a refund for the cat you asked for not being there? Non refundable in theory should be about you backing out and deciding you can't or don't want to adopt the cat so she doesn't get stuck with an older cat and nobody adopting it. It shouldn't be in the case of her not following through with what she told you you'd be buying. That's really unprofessional.

But if you are stuck what about the blue point male? Blue points are super cute. I would find another breeder in the future but for now, get the kitten that will make you most happy.

You are brave for getting a kitten at all in my opinion kittens are crazy and I don't know If I will ever get another one after living with my mom's kitten 8 years ago. Kittens are so hyper and crazy.... eep.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She said it is “non refundable”. First she told me she had all males, now she is saying she only has females available and a blue point male.
If you put a deposit on a cream/flame point male, and she is now saying she does not have a cream/flame point male available, she needs to give you back your deposit. Calmly and firmly insist that she does that.

If you run into trouble getting your deposit back, one first step is to contact the listing service where you found her (breeder listing web site? classified advertising site?) and tell them the problem you are having.

Hopefully you will get your deposit back, but if you feel that a breeder is unethical and irresponsible, don't buy a kitten from that breeder, even if you have to walk away from your deposit. If your kitten turns out to have problems, an irresponsible breeder is not likely to help you. And by buying a kitten from them, you are encouraging them to keep breeding.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A “deal” on a kitten will never end up being a deal. You will have to spend more money in the long run if it wasn’t properly cared for or bred. Not worth it, and you’re encouraging poor practice.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to read through this thread by MsKatieB for inspiration. The first breeders she encountered were not good breeders. So she kept on searching, and eventually she found an excellent breeder and a beautiful Ragdoll kitten... (and he turned out to be a fantastic show cat, too!)
Does A Ragdoll And Ragamuffin Result In Ragdoll?

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My scam alert is going off. It might be worth taking her to small claims court and documenting everything. I assume you have a signed agreement between both parties?

I'm also really hoping that the kittens are being raised in a home and not a back alley kennel.
We didnt sign any sort of agreement, unfortunately I thought that she was a well revered professional and let my guard down because this was my dream cat and it was quite affordable at the time. I hope so as well...I’m very upset after her refusing to send me a detailed photo of the father which to me is a very large red flag. I’m mainly upset because of her very poor practices and being unproffesional as soon as I sent the deposit. She lives very far away from me, so I sent her the money via money order.

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A “deal” on a kitten will never end up being a deal. You will have to spend more money in the long run if it wasn’t properly cared for or bred. Not worth it, and you’re encouraging poor practice.
While I didn’t mean to encourage a bad practice I can understand what your saying. As I said before she came off as a very responsible breeder and merely told me that the father was hiding sleeping. As soon as I deposited and tried talking about the kitten she said her son loved the only male and that they wanted to keep him, even though she previously told me only males were available.