So I Bought My Cat A Stroller

Rini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And yes, crazy cat lady status is beyond confirmed. I'm 24, so I'm getting a big jump on the stereotype :yess: I got it for him for his birthday next month, he will be one.

I figured I could ask for advice here without being judged. I know I'm not the only one.

I used to think these people were nuts, with their little toy dogs in strollers lol.

But my Bengal boy is off the walls and I think some fresh air and additional stimulation would do him good. Plus, the walk to the vet isn't far and he is starting to get quite heavy in my carrier backpack.

I live in the heart of the Big Apple and I have no private outdoor space for him. Nor do I trust letting him run around Central Park with all the dogs and crazies.

So I thought a stroller would be nice.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? Thank you :blush:

Paws & Pals Jogger Folding Dog & Cat Stroller

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Congrats on becoming a "crazy cat lady". :bouquet: :crackup: :petcat: I love that the stroller is for your cat's birthday. :party: Does that mean it will be wrapped up until the big day? :gift:

Though it's a great idea, especially for city dwellers, cat strollers don't come up on the forums too often. Here's one older thread though:
They Love Stroller Rides!

Do post pics of the birthday boy, after he opens his gift. :camera: And definitely post back on how he enjoys strolling through the city.

Meanwhile, sending early birthday wishes to your boy. :bday:

Oh... here's another thread to keep in mind for the birthday pics:
Birthday Pics

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Congratulations!

There was a woman near me who took her cat for walks in a stroller and I knew a guy who took his cat for walks in a home made version. My only advice would be to check all seams and seals. You don't want your cat to get scared by something and figure out a way to break out. Also, if you can harness train, attaching a harness with a leash will give you extra security plus a way to hold on if you have to open it during a walk.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Happy early birthday to your sweet Bengal boy! :bday: Don't worry, no one here is judgmental when it comes to our love for cats.

@Kat0121 recently posted a pic of her lovely black Persians in their new stroller on The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser. Perhaps she could make a helpful recommendation for you.

Kitty-mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A friend of mines did that. Cat jumped out and ran off. Unfortunately her cat has not been found and she is devastated. I wouldn't recommend it.

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's a cute stroller and Happy Birthday to your boy! Several years ago when I was doing physical therapy my Mom sent me a Kittywalk. I had a cat that enjoyed car rides. It only took a few outings for her to enjoy the strolls.

Your stroller looks like it has a lot of zippers. I'd zip tie most of them closed and use only one. I'm a worrier so I'd also add some security to that one when going outside. Like Kieka Kieka said harness train him and secure it to the stroller. Just take it slow and you'll be able to tell if he'd like to venture out of the building or beyond your block. Enjoy your adventures! :dizzycat:

florine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently got a stroller for my girl!! She absolutely loves it, and we started out by leaving the stroller in my room and encouraging her to sit in it by placing treats on the seat. After about a week of that we went out on our first walk and now she's addicted!!

I keep the stroller all zipped up the whole time and anytime she starts to paw or scratch at the stroller I bring her back home because I figure she's telling me she's done

I hope your cat loves it!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone! Yes, I ordered a harness and leash and I absolutely plan to secure him to the stroller. I am a worrier too and Aslan is a feisty little boy.

The zippers look pretty secure, I did a lot of research on the reviews but I'm going to test in the apartment by shaking a toy when he's in there to see if he can find a way to wiggle out. I also plan to keep the stroller zipped up the whole time like florine florine said.

kristenann kristenann what kind of stroller is that? And what a cute little baby!!!