So does my Kitty Finally accept me as her "Mama"?

vlinder

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had my Chloe for 3 years, almost, now. When I found her she ran around with her mom outside a Treatment Clinic. As time has passed, she's never Kneaded on my before like I've seen other cats do.

However, in the past week, she's come up to me and sat on me, and Kneaded her little paws into me!

Does she finally accept me as her mommy??

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like it. I would watch her though. At 3, I would be concerned as to why she just started. Cats will sometimes knead to releive stress. She may be going to you for comfort. Look for any other out of the norm behaviors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vlinder

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, how would one go about relieving cat stress if that is the problem?? Would it just be through lots more love and attention, petting, playing, etc??

I can see how that may be however, I have been so fatigued lately with the onset of the pregnancy that I've probably neglected a few things, although I try not to neglet Chloe. Perhaps she is picking up on something and noticing my changes and needs more from me. I'll try harder to comfort her. Thanks.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like that may be it. They can also sense the changes going on. I would for now try and pay some extra attention to her and give her some reassurance. Later down the road, we will have to bring some stuff up about the changes in the house when the delivery time gets closer.